Article in the Sunday Magazine (herald Sun)

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
There is an article in the Sunday Magazine of the Herald Sun and Daily Telegraph (i think that's the one) about TGA. It's talking about the boys on a road trip from Alice Springs to Cairns in luxury 4wds. I've scanned them for you to see.
No 56K warning:

Page1-1.jpg

Page2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me who thinks two 4WDs-going-off-road challenges is a bit much for the one series?

One is a three-way comparison test of three small 4WDs in various environments and the other is more of an epic road-trip challenge. They will have a very different feel I suspect.

Unfortunately, 4WDs are a huge part of the Australian new car market - moreso than the UK. Hence, it's inevitable that more 4WD and SUV features will end up in TG Aus than in TG.

Thanks for the scan of the article, too. :thumbup: After reading that, I reckon that Messrs Cox, Brown and Pizzati are definitely the right men for the TG Aus job.

Unfortunately, 4WDs are a huge part of the Australian new car market - moreso than the UK. Hence, it's inevitable that more 4WD and SUV features will end up in TG Aus than in TG.

Not only that but TGA will want to use this first season to put an Aussie stamp on our version, which they will do by using a lot of distinctly Aussie locations. Mini-SUVs in the desert and the Snowies, an open-cut mine in Kalgoorlie, Alice Spirings to Cairns, sharks in the Great Southern Ocean, etc. Filming a lot in the Aussie environment means filming a lot of 4WDs. Next season they will probably be more comfortable with testing cars on the city streets.

Is it just me who thinks two 4WDs-going-off-road challenges is a bit much for the one series?
Well this one is offroad challange #2. That would be enough for an 8-episode run, so no, I think thats fine.

Personally, I hate 4X4's but love it when they're actually offroad like this. If anything, I prefer these sorts of tests than regular city-tests. And just think of the scenery! If the camera work is as good as I'm expecting it to be - it should make for really good viewing.

Thanks for posting RichmondGal :thumbup:

I reckon us Aussies dodged a bullet. Had Channel 9 been successful in winning the rights to TGA, we would have ended up with Glenn Ridge and two other generic Channel 9 spankers as hosts. :sick:

Absolutely - had Channel 9 got it it would've been a woeful tragedy, a wasted opportunity. The show found it's right home with SBS.