Game: Assetto Corsa

I think it's a more expensive choice.

I have that particular wheel, but with different pedals and no shifter. As I said two pages earlier it's a fantastic wheel BUT I'm not sure it would be worth twice as much as a G27.

The Fanatec wheel would be a bit cheaper as it is a second hand one. The G27 I would buy new. If I decide to buy a another steering wheel I think I will go with the Logitech, because warranty and stuff.

If the price was the same I'd get the Fanatec. In fact, that's the deal I did, and I'm still very happy with it.

One of the most exciting online races I've raced in until now. Last lap was mega. managed to win in a GT3 car after qualifying 6th. Oh and midway some lapped driver smacked me for good measure.

2015-03-28_00002.jpg

The Fanatec wheel would be a bit cheaper as it is a second hand one. The G27 I would buy new. If I decide to buy a another steering wheel I think I will go with the Logitech, because warranty and stuff.

So yeah, got a new G27 yesterday that worked fine until today... on tight left turns the steering wheel will slowly decenter until it gets to 90degrees off center. Yay!
Gonna return it today, I dunno if I should have it replaced or just ask for a refund. I liked it while it worked, but now I have serious doubts about their reliability(it's the new version in the blue box)

Edit: Google suggests that the culprit is the "g27 optical encoder" and that it is quite a common fault.

Last edited:
We should have a FG race.

That's a terrific idea!

Since we don't seem to have a thread for posting racing rig pictures, here's a pic of my revised set up. I got sick of having the wheel and shifter mounted to the desk so got the Next Level racing wheel stand. At some point I hope to team this up with an AK Racing desk chair, as I don't have space for a proper rig. Yes, the place is a little messy, what's new? :p

2015-04-26 15.54.50.jpg

I noticed when looking at this that my gas pedal is on the cock, which explains why I've had trouble blipping the throttle on downshifts today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You're probably still a better driver than me though, this is the first time I've had a shifter so I'm still learning. :D

Neah, I'm really slow. For example, on Nordschleife tourist my best lap -all aids off, default car settings- with the McLaren F1 is 7:10 and with the E90 M3 in about 8:05. With the F1 I think it's possible to do it in 1min faster :lol:

Last edited:
Ooh, gravel. I need to try this when Wheeler Dealers is finished.

Edit: Tried it with the Alfa GTA (my current favourite car) and it's a lot of fun. I couldn't keep it on the road on the gravel version though. :lol:

Quickest time on the tarmac with the Alfa is 3:04.728, full manual and from a standing start at the start line.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa currently on sale on Steam, 30 Euros and it's yours with the Dream Pack!

Shit, 37 :canadian: $ , so tempting. Just not sure if it's worth buying without a gaming PC. My Dell XPS 12 (ultrabook) would probably struggle with it:

Intel Core i7 4500U (1.80GHz)
8GB DDR3 Memory 256GB SSD
Intel HD Graphics 4400
1920 x 1080

Ohhh yes, it would :/