Aston Martin launches V8 Vantage N400 roadster

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
original thread about the AMV8 RS

http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=21010

updated info:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/convertibles/aston-martin-v8-vantage-n400-roadster/

Aston_Martin_Vantage_N400_001.jpg

Aston Martin has added a new model to its lineup in the form of the limited edition V8 Vantage N400 Roadster. The new drop-top will be sold alongside its coupe sibling, revealed back in September at the Frankfurt Motor Show, and will be produced in a limited run of just 240 cars. Like the coupe, the N400 Roadster can also be optioned with a sports package containing uprated springs and dampers but for obvious reasons it misses out on the rear anti-roll bar.

N400 spec includes a number of technical improvements as well as enhancements to the standard model?s range of color and trim options. These include a power upgrade to the 4.3L V8 engine, lifting peak power to 400hp and peak torque to 420Nm. There?s also a revised side sill design, new bonnet and side strake meshes, clear rear lamp lenses and a bright finish grille.

Inside, both the car comes with heated seats finished in black leather, satnav and Bluetooth as standard.

The N400 label denotes not only the power output of the car but also Aston?s achievements at the N?rburgring where the V8 Vantage competed in a grueling 24 hour race.

Aston_Martin_Vantage_N400_004.jpg

Aston_Martin_Vantage_N400_003.jpg

Nice color, and very handsome! I like AM green, but it can become dull to look at.

I thot it already HAD 400bhp

No the stock vantage has 380 hp and 302 lb/ft of torque, this one has 400 hp and about 310 lb/ft of torque.
It's funny because most people just round 380 up to 400 and think the car has 400hp, then they make it so it actually produces 400hp and then no one notices the difference.

Okay, I hate how AM is now using these Altezza-ish type rear light, it gives the DBS and this car a very cheap look.

Plus Orange is good on a Nissan Murano, not a Aston Martin.

That colour looks fantastic. Love it, brilliant.

Isn't the N400 a stripped-out racer? So a cabrio version of a car like that ruins the entire purpose of the car. Ferrari never made a Stradale spider for a reason...

Give it black wheels and smoked taillights and it would be awesome.

Isn't the N400 a stripped-out racer? So a cabrio version of a car like that ruins the entire purpose of the car. Ferrari never made a Stradale spider for a reason...

youre confusing the N400 for the N24 (the car that James drove on the show)

Sadly, Dr. Bez himself recommends everybody to opt for this rather unusual Karussell Orange for the N400 series.

I've always thought that the orange looked ghastly. Paint mine in Bergwerk Black, please.

I never really thought the Vantage looked all that great to be honest. It looks nice and all but it just looks too plain for what it is. I think it's as eye catching and as pretty as any mordern eco-hatchback.

The only thing I really liked about it was the roofline and the way the roof met the boot at the C pillar... Now that's gone there's nothing worth looking at. It's just fat and shapeless. I don't want to look at it.

Reminds me of me!

Thats just so awesomely cool. I'd have the convertible over a normal DB9.

I am just wondering how much more are they going to ask for it, compared to the normal one? I think it is a purposeLESS vehicle - 15bhp more most people would probably not feel them.
How about a supercharger. Bring back the old Vantage 600bhp of insanity!