At last, a funny spoof

diti

Car(s)
Mini Cooper S Convertible & GT6
Just saw The Impressions Show on BBC1 and the only TG spoof I've ever seen that 1) made me laugh and 2) was reasonably accurate.

The ultimate gold-envelope challenge was to see who could blow the most cash the most quickly. Hammond (played by a woman, incidentally) wanted to dig a big hole for it, Clarkson's plan was to burn it with petrol and May (who Clarkson referred to as Piltdown Man) managed to win with an ingenious ruse involving a bottle of 1895 Chateau Lafite.

So many details were there - clothes, voices, attitudes, gestures - and I really liked one line that was incredibly Clarkson-like: "Don't try this at home, this should only be done by grown men who should know better".

I've no doubt it will turn up on Youtube and it's worth a look.

Edit: The BBC is full of 'em tonight. In "The Thick Of It" on BBC2 (fab programme) 2 characters were discussing the identity of the Stig, and one said "A friend of mine thinks it's May, Hammond and Clarkson, purely because Stig is an anagram of 'gits'".

Last edited:
Edit: The BBC is full of 'em tonight. In "The Thick Of It" on BBC2 (fab programme) 2 characters were discussing the identity of the Stig, and one said "A friend of mine thinks it's May, Hammond and Clarkson, purely because Stig is an anagram of 'gits'".

i'm actually surprised that none of the Top Gear haters (the Daily Mail, the Morris Marina Fan club, the Eco-Maniacs, the deep south of america...) have noticed this before.

"WOOF!" :lol:

It would have been even greater if they had somehow involved Stiggie, and used three of the most recognizable words put together.....in the world!

Man that was funny! Espically like how James, been the smart one, used his brains to get rid of the cash.

LOL.

I was wondering if TG would show up on one of these. Brilliant! And they didn't give in to the temptation to have Richard crashing the digger either.

+1 to Culshaw and Co :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Holy crap...I love "The Thick of It."

Forget homework; must find episode now!

Culshaw had done good impressions of Clarkson before but never had the right supporting cast to back him up. This was brilliant however.

That James was pretty freaky.... but either than that it was relatively good. Gotta love how they had Hammond referring to himself in third person lol