'Ativa' mp3 Player Frustrations

Clegko

DONOR
Car(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado, 1968 Mercury Monterey
So, my mom, being completely idiotic when it comes to anything remotely technological, bought this mp3 player for my sister, as opposed to an iPod nano or a Zune like I suggested. Now, the problem is this. It seems that it is ONLY Windows compatible. I have never come across even an off brand mp3 player that only worked on Windows. I've tried it on the family Mac, that my sister would use to put songs on the damn fucking thing, and... nothing. Doesn't even recognise that it is there. I tried it on my Linux box, which *should* have at least recognised that there was something plugged in... nothing. So, I plugged it into my Windows laptop. Hey, it was recognised. However, it needs drivers. It came with a drivers disk, but it's one of the mini ones, and being a laptop, only has a slot loading disc drive... I've scoured the Internet, and I can't find a damn downloadable driver/software for it...

So, I am asking a few things.

1) Can someone, anyone, find the damn drivers online? I'd be forever grateful.
2) Can someone find a way for the damn thing to work on OS X? It doesn't have to be a perfect solution, as long as she can somehow load the thing with her music.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for a long winded post...

Last edited:
I would have taken it back myself, but Office Depot isn't doing any returns this close to xmas... Which is kind of annoying, me thinks. I've managed to get all of the drivers installed, however, and i'll update if it works or not... *prays*

I bought one for 30 Euros few days ago. Can't u put the drivers from the cd on a usb device on another computer?

Does it support MTP?

If it does, you can stuff it with Rhythmbox.

I managed to get it recognized with gParted, which allowed Linux to notice it. After that, it just acts like a flash drive, and I can drag+drop files to the Music folder.

No, petarkb, it doesn't, not without the Windows drivers.

Thanks for all the help...

Goad you got it working, sorry you're still stuck with that player. :p kidding!

She bought it because it was pink diddent she..