ATTN GERMANS - i need your HELP!!!

bahnstormer

i'm going to hamburg germany this sat and i wanna rent a nice
car and drive on teh autobahn...can you guys help me out?
i checked avis.de and it seems u ahve to be 25 to rent a car
i'm only 20 at the moment..

i wanna spend around 200euro for teh day....
according to avis.de i could get a 911 for that...

PLEASE guys/gals help me out!!!

thanks,
martin

yup yup i PMed him =] and oliB and some others too
lol
i just hope they get on here in time as i leave SAT!!!!

ahhhh i REALLY hope i can get a nice fast car for fairly cheap
imagine me on teh autobahn in a 360!!!!!

You could hire a car at www.sixt.de they offer cars to people under 21, but only slow ones. You need to have a certain to drive expensive and fast cars (i.e. 21 or even 25) :shock:

How about renting something not that "high profile", like an E class or a 530i. I think you should be able to rent those with no special age or prior driving experience requirements. I know its not a 911 or a 360, but still a limited 250kmph is better than nothing :)

I just had a quick look at www.e-sixt.de and it seems that the "biggest" car you can rent if you're under 21 is a Golf or an A-class. And I'm pretty sure those would not be the versions that could hit 155 mph ;) But on the bright side, a Golf will only set you back 69 € per day, so you can still go out and have a nice beer (we really do have some good stuff here ;))

ya i know i can get those basic cars but i already have those in the states
and i wanted to do something special =]

never been in a porsche, nor a ferrari, well i sat in an enzo once but that
doesn't count heheheh

so yah in the states theres a place near me that'll do porsches for 18 and
over for 70/day USD...which is a hella deal, but of course, no autobahn

soooooo

those of you that read german better than me, take a look maybe they
have old car places? i could get a ferrari 355 or something????? something
fun just for 1 day cuz gas is too expensive anyway =]

thanks jost, but that is like the cheap rent-a-car type of thingy...i was going for more exotic ... =]

bahnstormer said:
so yah in the states theres a place near me that'll do porsches for 18 and
over for 70/day USD...which is a hella deal, but of course, no autobahn

Remember, almost everything is significantly more expensive here in Germany. You'd be lucky to get a Golf for that kind of money.

So your budget is 200? for a day?

Forget Ferrari, prices start at 200?/hour! A full day would be 800 to 1000+ Euros. You might get a Porsche 911 for that kind of money though.
But there's still the age issue, looks like you need to be 25 to rent those cars...

You might wanna check this out:
http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/auto.htm

It's a pretty good write-up about driving in Germany including information about renting a car.

cya
Oliver

Like oliB said, other cars besides Porsches are way out of league. I've seen deals for Boxters at around ? 250 but that was only for 100 km / day and the age limit of 25 still applied.

I think it's impossible to get one at your age, if a rental company would give such cars to people under the age of 25 it would be much more expensive.

Yeah, it's always more expensive than the US.

Got some prices for you:

Audi A6 4x4/500km per day with ac
EUR 417.00 for 3 days

Porsche Cayenne 200 km/per day with ac
EUR 679.44 for 3 days

V.W. Toureg 4X4/500km daily with ac
EUR 454.50 for 3 days

Rent a ferrari: ?560/day

I dunno what your gonna get since your under 25, but if you just want to go fast on the autobahn, just about any decent german car will do. Its not like your going to be doing a track day where you need performance cornering.

I recommend Sixt, I was just in Munich and rented from them, and they seem to the best pricing and car selection. What I ordered was going to be either a 3series or Audi A4 diesel depending on what they had in stock. When I got there they upgraded me for free to a Mercedes E320 CDI. Since I was doing a lot of driving I wanted a diesel (gas is very expensive there).

It wasnt the fastest car, but it still went 220kph (which is 136mph) on the autobahn. It could of gone faster, but it got kinda scary after 200+kph, with the small bumps on the road and vw lupos pulling into the fast lane.

heheh i've done 145mph here in the states....sooo....220kph/136 is no biggie =]

maybe i'll just get something limited to 155 and see how long i can hold it there ??

hey swek can i borrow your car? or maybe u can rent one for me?
OR, just drive me arounf on teh autobahn!!!! i'll buy u gas!!!

bahnstormer said:

maybe i'll just get something limited to 155 and see how long i can hold it there ??

Sure, you've done 145 mph in the States...but for how long? Here in Germany, it's legal to drive that fast for as long as there is no speed limit...and that can be for hundreds of miles at a time. I doubt your car has seen that kind of longevity at 100+ mph. It's quite different getting to 145 to say you have and doing a constant 136 mph for 200 miles.

u're def right i've only touched it a coupel times...

steady state highspeed is different, but also more dangerous imho
thats kidna why i want a fast car just to burst to those speeds and
the rest of the time just cruise =]

bahnstormer said:

I live 200 km near Hamburg but my car does only 170 Km/h when it has a good day :lol:

Your age is the jumoing point. C?mon you won?t lend a 20 year old man not a Porsche ;) I don?t know if Swek even has a drivers liscence but its not that easy anyway to get a cool car here as you might think. ;)

anyway wish you a great fun in Hamburg and check out the Reeperbahn :woot:

I rented a 1960 Porsche 356 in Munich for 280DM/weekend. I was only 18 back then too! Plus I only presented my California license--no international permit was required. It was a small private rental car shop. They did try to con us with my motorcycle rental though . . .

Try searching for small private places. Even though they might be shady, you can pay with a credit card to save you from scams.