Audi A7

powah

Sorry if it's a re-thread. Couldn't find any on search...

Anyway, here it is:
a7_rendering_main_01.jpg

Audi has released a teaser of its upcoming four-door coupe that?s due to hit showrooms by September of ?09. Before that, we should see a near-production ready concept car at next year?s New York Auto Show.
According to the Audi source that leaked the sketch to Car, the A7 will feature a range of V6 and V8 powerplants with high-performance V10 units reserved for the S and RS sports models. Pricing will start below that of the A8 flagship but a new convertible version could turn out to be the most expensive Audi on sale.
The new A7 will have some serious competition by the time it arrives. Sister company Volkswagen is preparing its own low-priced four-door coupe and BMW is also prepping a new flagship model based on the Concept CS. Then, of course, there?s the Aston Martin Rapide and Porsche Panamera as well as segment starter Mercedes and its CLS, which is due for a facelift next year ahead of an all new model in 2011.
A link: http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/audi/official-teaser-for-the-audi-a7/
What do you think?

Mercedes called, they want their car back.

I know I said 'variety is the spice of life' earlier, but it does have it's limits. Too many damn Audis!

Makes sense that Audi would make it, Audi/VW/Porsche can share their 'platform' to save costs. Don't necessarily agree that they need to make a four door coupe though.

"upcoming four-door coupe" Interesting. Bet I won't be able to afford one tho' - damn looks real cool if it turns out like the "artists" impression.

Looks nice, will be interesting to see what the final product turns out like. Personally I think the CLS looks awesome. Wonder what the final products from the other manufacturers will look like. :)

The term "4door coupe" is an oxymoron and furtermore, I don't think the world really needs that many of them. Why would someone want 4 doors in a coupe? Because it's practical? Coupes were never meant to be as practical as other cars. People see a coupe, love the design and the next thing is that they complain about the lack of rear-headroom. WTF!? It's a coupe, not a taxi. And a 4door coupe won't be a taxi either because if you design it to look like a coupe, it will have the same restrictions like any other coupe except that 4 doors don't look very elegant on the classic coupe shape.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not completely against these cars (IMHO the CLS for example is much better-looking than the current E-Class), but I'd like to see more REAL coupes. At least in europe, there aren't that many coupes on the market in the last years and all that manifacturers come up with are all sorts of pointless crossover-vehicles that look like a compromise from front to end.

PS: The Passat coupe won't be a competitor (completely different vehicle-class - the Passat is mainly an A4 competitor while the A7 will be somewhere between an A6 and an A8 ).

Great, the three people in the entire world that can't stretch their budgets to an 8 but think the 6 is far too small and cheap for them have their car.

What is it with German car makers and making cars that no one asked for? :p

Because you vill buy zem vhen ve make zem!

Well obviously they're copying the CLS, but that's because it's selling so well. No one asked for it, but a lot of people love it.