Audi confirms A7 Sportback global reveal for Monday

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Now we finally get to see what Audi's CLS looks like in production livery. :cool:

Source: Autoblog

The long-awaited production version of the Audi A7 will finally debut on Monday, July 26 at 8:30pm CET ? that's 2:30pm Eastern ? and you'll be able to watch live on the interwebs at Audi TV. interestingly, Audi has chosen to head over to the hometown of one of its primary rivals for the unveiling. The A7 will be unwrapped at the Pinakothek der Moderne art museum in Munich, just a couple of miles from the world headquarters of BMW.

The A7 is expected to take the form of a large, five-door fastback built on the modular platform shared with the A8 sedan. The styling is expected to be very close to the Sportback concept that we saw at last year's Detroit Auto Show. Unlike BMW's 5 Series Gran Turismo, the A7 doesn't have the elevated roofline that adds passenger volume, so it's likely to be tighter inside, but it's also likely to avoid the 5GT's ungainly appearance.

Press Release:
Live from Munich: World premiere of Audi A7 Sportback

- Monday, July 26, 8.30 p.m. (CEST), Pinakothek der Moderne, Munich
- TV: Satellite broadcast (downlink available)
- Web: Live streaming
- Footage: Accessible via Audi MediaServices and the cms-GOMEX media platform

INGOLSTADT, Germany, Jul 20, 2010 - In the unique ambience of the art museum "Pinakothek der Moderne", Audi is presenting a one-of-a-kind car: the new Audi A7 Sportback. With the sporty elegance of a coupe and the functionality of a five-door car, the A7 Sportback cuts a distinguished figure in the luxury class. In line with the principle of "Vorsprung durch Technik" and demonstrating an overall concept that outclasses the competition, it redefines the large coupe segment.

Moreover, with its high-efficiency engines, the Audi A7 Sportback embodies our engineers' understanding of efficiency in this vehicle class. And with the A7 Sportback, Audi is setting additional milestones with its innovative offerings in terms of infotainment, assistance systems, driveability, comfort and safety.

a7sportbackconceptlive_01.jpg

I know what it looks like allready. :p
2011-audi-a7-spy-shot.jpg

They all look the same, that's just the german way of doing things these days.

I like the proportions.

I really hope they did something unique for the interior otherwise it's going to be a bit disappointing...

Am I the only one that thinks "Sportback" is just another trim level/model line automakers are going to exploit the hell out of just to add a "NEW AND EXCITING MODEL!" to their lineup?

Seriously, this looks like an elongated A6 with an inflated trunk and that's it!

Still think the A5 sportback should have remained a coupe, because it just makes the range more confused and this addition doesn't help that at all.

I know what it looks like allready. :p
2011-audi-a7-spy-shot.jpg

audi-a5-sportback.jpg

Yep, I think you'll try to say its a faked A5 Sportsback, but you obiously notice that the third window at the side behind the backdoor has a different shape, the doorhandles are placed much higher than the A5 ones and the way the frontwing is attached to the bumper is different too.

Official pictures:

2mpzrjb.jpg

2i9s9e.jpg

20h5vl3.jpg

24mxt7a.jpg

Oh, and look, it's remarkably different from the Audi A5 Sportback... not!

audi-a5-sportback.jpg

2i9s9e.jpg

It has a sad ass. That's actually kind of strange, since the rear was one of the strongest areas of the show car, but a couple small adjustments just make it into something awful.

I would prefer an A8. The rear just looks like it was an afterthought in the design process.

This is just stupid, they're using the copymachine way too much. Atleast they melt the rear end so it wouldn't look exactly like an A5. Well, the rear end kinda ruins the car now... It became fat, reminds me of the Panamera :s

Last edited:
It has a sad ass. That's actually kind of strange, since the rear was one of the strongest areas of the show car, but a couple small adjustments just make it into something awful.

I love the ass. I'm happy it's different than the A5. i'd still like an A8 more, but tht's because it's got more interior space. but i do like the ass. as does this man:
sir-mix-a-lot_l.jpg