Audi R8 V8 vs Audi R8 V10

Audi R8 V8 vs Audi R8 V10

• Total voters

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Ok, I really like the new Audi R8 but I have a question for you all. Do you feel that the V8 version of the R8 is just more "Audi" than the upcoming V10 version of the R8? For some reason an Audi 4.2l V8 in a mid engined car is just more appealing to me. With the V10 it seems just too much like a Lamborghini.

V8 Mostly because i see the R8 as a Supercar and not a Hypercar which i feel it's learning towards with the V10. Audi really should keep the two separate and let Lambo take car of the Hypercar (Upper Supercar) Market.

While I agree that the V8 is a great machine, I think a V10 will give the R8 some needed arsenal to battle with the Big Boys.

Its also worth noting that the '03 Le Mans Quattro Concept did use the "Lamborghini" V10, albeit it was fitted with a Biturbo. Finally as an added plus, the V10 does look prettier than the V8 to be looked at from that large rear window, IMO.

Bah! They need to go back to what made them big in the first place
5 cylinders, a turbo, and 4wd.

I'm gonna have to go for the V10 though. The German's don't do great sounding V8's IMO, but they aren't to shabby on variations of 5 cylinders.

I really think the V8 is enough. I mean working a little bit more with the engine and getting more power from it it's a better solution instead of putting a V10. V10 it's too big for the philosophy of the car, the R8 need a light engine like the V8. But I also think a V10 has to be very interesting.

im going to say the V8, simply because its probably my favorite production engine ever!!...but we have yet to see what audi will do with the V10, will they do what rumours are saying w/ the RS6 and put small turbos on the 5.2V10?

Bah! They need to go back to what made them big in the first place
5 cylinders, a turbo, and 4wd.

I'm gonna have to go for the V10 though. The German's don't do great sounding V8's IMO, but they aren't to shabby on variations of 5 cylinders.

LoL, Well it is AWD. Maybe some aftermarket Turbo kit =P ABT?

But i mean its Duh that the R8 is going to be like Lambo.. Its the same owners!

Nothing wrong with the V8 but I think the car looks so crazy and insane that more power is necessary.

V10. Just make sure it sounds insanely good.

Tough choice - but the V8 by a whisker. For some reason it just seems more 'pure'. Of course it's a very close call - the V10 version is still going to be amazing.

If it had a V10, it would be leaning too close to the Gallardi/430 market. Why not give it the Cayanne V8 :D

I would stick with the V10. I think Audi should take the V10 TDI out of the Tuareg and put some huge turbo's on it instead of plugging in the Gallardo V10. Imagine all that torque and the extra horsepower from the turbos:w00t:.That would make them more Audi and less Lamborghini. And if they do put a v10 in the R8 they should change it's name to the R10 TDI Twin Turbo.

Last edited:
Well, the V10 is going to be awesome, of course but I agree with the above comment that perhaps the V10 should be left for Lambo to play with.

V8 FTW.

V10 = Lambo, Yes V8 4 me 2. Sorry my daughter has been texting me too much, V10 is for a Lambo, no doubt, so V8 for me too.

the v10 is not the point of the r8. the r8 is up against the ferrari 430 & porche 911 turbo. if they stick a v10 in it it might be biting off more than it can chew. and anyway i'm sure you've heard of the v10 prototype on fire at the 'ring

the v10 is not the point of the r8. the r8 is up against the ferrari 430 & porche 911 turbo. if they stick a v10 in it it might be biting off more than it can chew. and anyway i'm sure you've heard of the v10 prototype on fire at the 'ring

The fact alone that it might not fit the big marketing scheme makes me like the V10 even more. I suspect it will be extremely awesome. Also, when you pick the 911 as a rival, why not pick the whole range.

The fact alone that it might not fit the big marketing scheme makes me like the V10 even more. I suspect it will be extremely awesome. Also, when you pick the 911 as a rival, why not pick the whole range.

Yeah but Audi didn't originally put a V10 in the R8 because they didn't want it to directly compete with the Lamborghini Gallardo

V10..... at the price of the V8.