Audi to bring Lemans R10 engine in Q7: V12 TDI!

youngwarrior said:
sandor_ said:
D-Fence said:
easy prove sandor:

You don?t need a truck driving license to drive a q7, hummer etc over here, so it is not a truck. you can?t register it as a truck.

prove made for germany.

so a quad cab 6 liter turbo diesel dualie f series pickup truck from ford isnt a truck? we dont need a special license to drive it here?

:roll:

again, despite a disagreement on what warrants "truck" and despite my love of this audi engine, this Q7 still has less horsepower and is slower than a turbo S pepper. and which one can you go out and buy today? the pepper.

your pepper is basically a VAG product anyway :lol:

And the Q7 and cayenne arent trucks

i'm not arguing the merits of the vehicles, i personally don't like large vehicles, don't use them, but i DO love audi's amazing diesel engine, and i love porsche's turbo'ed v-8.

i'm arguing your (verging on moronic) comment (which you failed to credit) basically comparing a Q7 to a veyron. :|

However it is the twelve-cylinder under the Diesels, the first V12-Diesel in a road car at all. AUDI will supply the absolute Superlativ under the diesel engines. That may repeat 500 HP, one calmly. And 1000 Newtonmeters torque, the AUDI Q7 V12 TDI is at all only exceeded by 1.2 million euro the expensive Bugatti. No car otherwise is stronger.

youngwarrior said:
However it is the twelve-cylinder under the Diesels, the first V12-Diesel in a road car at all. AUDI will supply the absolute Superlativ under the diesel engines. That may repeat 500 HP, one calmly. And 1000 Newtonmeters torque, the AUDI Q7 V12 TDI is at all only exceeded by 1.2 million euro the expensive Bugatti. No car otherwise is stronger.
It is subjective whether power is torque or bhp/KW/PS or a mixture of both.
Eitherway that is one damn incredible engine.

youngwarrior said:
I posted some facts about the Q7. I didnt write them myself (im surprised you didnt notice such a obvious thing) and heres the fookin source. Work it out yourself why the Q7 is the second most powerful production car engine in the world.

http://www.germancarblog.com/2006/09/audi-q7-another-confirmation-of-v12-60.html

thanks for the link finally!

and the turbo S pepper still produces 520 hp (which is more than 500, last i checked) and is faster than this Q7.

so the Q7

wins on torque
loses on horsepower
loses on acceleration

...oh wait, and you cannot buy this Q7. so let's compare it to other cars we cannot buy. oh, wait. the Brabus E V12 beat the shiite out of the Q7, since we are comparing cars to cars...

630 hp 1001 nm 0-60 in 4.2 and 211 mph....

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/ev12_new.html

and again, i LOVE this Audi engine. but comparing a Q7 to a veyron is asinine.

sandor_ said:
youngwarrior said:
I posted some facts about the Q7. I didnt write them myself (im surprised you didnt notice such a obvious thing) and heres the fookin source. Work it out yourself why the Q7 is the second most powerful production car engine in the world.

http://www.germancarblog.com/2006/09/audi-q7-another-confirmation-of-v12-60.html

thanks for the link finally!

and the turbo S pepper still produces 520 hp (which is more than 500, last i checked) and is faster than this Q7.

so the Q7

wins on torque
loses on horsepower
loses on acceleration

...oh wait, and you cannot buy this Q7. so let's compare it to other cars we cannot buy. oh, wait. the Brabus E V12 beat the shiite out of the Q7, since we are comparing cars to cars...

630 hp 1001 nm 0-60 in 4.2 and 211 mph....

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/ev12_new.html

Your a bit of an ass arent you.

1.The Q7 V12 diesel is a more powerful engine than that in the porsche.
2.The brabus is a fookin tuner car
3. Speed doesnt have shit to do with this argument about engines as they are in different vehicles with different weight.
4. You can buy a Q7 soon enough. Infact go put an order down if you wished so yes, you can go buy a Q7 now as they are taking orders.

it?s a DIESEL! The only cars you can compare it too are other DIESEL cars like a G 400cdi. :|

D-Fence said:
it?s a DIESEL! The only cars you can compare it too are other DIESEL cars like a G 400cdi. :|

i'm in no way tearing apart this engine - i think it is amazing. i love it.

it is the comments about this being the second most powerful car in the world and comparing it to the veyron that i ripping apart. you didnt make those comments D-Fence, young warrior did.

again, i LOVE this engine, but you cannot, CANNOT, compare a Q7 to a Veyron.

Lets just say

"It?s the VEYRON under the Diesels"

Everyone happy now?

D-Fence said:
Lets just say

Everyone happy now?
Very diplomatic, I'll agree with that.

I can live with that. I will admit what I copied and pasted was misleading, as they were going by torque figures, and it is indeed tied with a couple vehicles.

D-Fence said:
Lets just say

Everyone happy now?

Correct there, looks nice though , wonder how it will handle........

Audi needs a sportscar with this as the engine. Or atleast a sedan.

TDI Power, anyone?

youngwarrior said:
and the diesel engined R8 will be faster than the pepper whats your point?
what sort of relevance does this comparison have

few cars have the massive torque of this. The only other one that was introduced this year was the new Bentley Arnage T.