Audi to bring Lemans R10 engine in Q7: V12 TDI!

D

D-Fence

Auto announced they will put the Le mans R10 enine, the V12 TDI in the Q7 from 2008 on. The engine is so big, it only fits into the Q7. They show the First V12 Q7 in Paris this year.

Specs:

5,5s 0-100km/h
250km/h limiter
12l/100km
Biturbo Common Rail Diesel
90? cylinder banks
1000NM torque (between 1.750 and 3.000 revs)

This thing will kick some serious ass!

Pics (top left of article, press link Q7 V12 TDI)
http://www.automotorundsport.de/new...ueber_diesel.124811.d_ams_news_special_ha.htm

001.jpg

audi_motorsport-051212-1548lr.jpg

Audi Q7: Another confirmation of the V12 6.0 TDI engine

For all of you out there who have to read it twice, we found another confirmation that the Audi Q7 is getting the V12 TDI engine from the Audi R10 race car.

This engine will make the Audi Q7 the second most powerful car in the world, just behind the Bugatti Veyron!

The article is also revealing some more facts.
- The fuel-injection system is working with a pressure of 2000 (!) bar and is completely new developed
- Average fuel consumption is estimated with 11.9 liters diesel (compared to 16 liters of a Porsche Cayenne V8)
- Extremely clean engine, fulfilling the pollution requirements of the Euro5 standard

^and probably a redline at 1500rpm

sandor_ said:
youngwarrior said:
This engine will make the Audi Q7 the second most powerful car in the world, just behind the Bugatti Veyron!

if it werent a truck...

and if we go to trucks this trumps the Q7, and thats just getting started...

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/vehiclecenters/detail.asp?model=9900ix

550 hp 1850 ft/lb

9900ix_md.jpg

Nice shall I bring out top fuel dragsters? I dont see the point of that comment and the engines torque is limited due to the gearbox also.

youngwarrior said:
Nice shall I bring out top fuel dragsters? I dont see the point of that comment and the engines torque is limited due to the gearbox also.
Sure! In fact, why don't you pop over to the Top Fuel Dragster Dealer ("Bob's Draggers R'Us") and pick yourself up one? I'm pretty sure sandor was talking about production-based vehicles, and it's possible to buy a Peterbuilt like that from a dealer.

But what do I know. I'm just going to sit back and watch this potential flamewar. 8)

youngwarrior said:
sandor_ said:
youngwarrior said:

if it werent a truck...

and if we go to trucks this trumps the Q7, and thats just getting started...

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/vehiclecenters/detail.asp?model=9900ix

550 hp 1850 ft/lb

9900ix_md.jpg

how many top fuel cars are road-legal?

the comment of the Q7 being the second most powerful car was quite off really, so i was pointing it out.

if it had the second fastest top speed, 0-60 time or any other relevant stat i would give it to you. instead, it has quite a bit of torque, but is relatively slow (slower than Porsche's turbo S pepper)

so i was showing a road-legal vehicle that was more powerful than the Q7

youngwarrior said:
is a truck a car....no hence I just widely pulled out a top fuel dragster.

the turbo S pepper puts out more hp than this Q7, so i say IT is more powerful (and it is also faster)

but they are still both trucks.

they are not trucks :lol:

And I didnt write it, I just copied and pasted, and the audi has more torque, but weighs more.

this is stupid. the q7 isn?t a TRUCK, so there is no point in this.

youngwarrior said:
they are not trucks :lol:

And I didnt write it, I just copied and pasted, and the audi has more torque, but weighs more.

we disagree on the truck point (though how can vehicles in the same class as a hummer, suburban, yukon, etc NOT be a truck?!? especially with greater than 5000 lb towing capacities?)

ah, you copied and pasted. would've been nice to actually acknowledge the source... :roll:

and the pepper still has more horsepower and is faster.

easy prove sandor:

You don?t need a truck driving license to drive a q7, hummer etc over here, so it is not a truck. you can?t register it as a truck.

prove made for germany.

D-Fence said:
easy prove sandor:

You don?t need a truck driving license to drive a q7, hummer etc over here, so it is not a truck. you can?t register it as a truck.

prove made for germany.

so a quad cab 6 liter turbo diesel dualie f series pickup truck from ford isnt a truck? we dont need a special license to drive it here?

:roll:

again, despite a disagreement on what warrants "truck" and despite my love of this audi engine, this Q7 still has less horsepower and is slower than a turbo S pepper. and which one can you go out and buy today? the pepper.

sandor_ said:
D-Fence said:
easy prove sandor:

prove made for germany.

so a quad cab 6 liter turbo diesel dualie f series pickup truck from ford isnt a truck? we dont need a special license to drive it here?

:roll:

again, despite a disagreement on what warrants "truck" and despite my love of this audi engine, this Q7 still has less horsepower and is slower than a turbo S pepper. and which one can you go out and buy today? the pepper.

your pepper is basically a VAG product anyway :lol:

And the Q7 and cayenne arent trucks

oh, and if we go about arguing vehicle types based on nation... well, the US federal government gives large tax breaks to buyers of light trucks (GVW > 6000 lbs), into which category the Q7, pepper, hummer, suburban etc all fall.

so the government of the USA considers the vehicle a light truck when the GVW surpasses 6000 lbs....