August 11th, 2012: Seattle Area Meetup (Seattle + Portland + Vancouver)

2. I have roughly a 200 mile range per tank.

Won't be a problem -- my range is about the same or less depending on what gear I'm in so we'll be making sure to get gas before and after the national forest or whatnot.

3. Leavenworth, good parking area would be the civic center. I have organized multiple drives for the mr2 crowd and in the past we were able to fit 30 cars there easy as pie. Good place for say a late lunch would be at Gustaff's (I know I spelled that wrong). They have an affordable menu, and the capacity for a large crowd.

Excellent.

4. FRS radios are a must have on a drive like this especially one this long. It's very useful for informing people on pit stops, passing opportunities, and random issues.

Alright, I'll try to bring a spare or two but none of you bastards better steal it. ;)

7. Do you guys mind if I invite a friend.

All are welcome as long as they behave themselves. :)

I'm from Western Australia, but I'm in Seattle for a few months, Bellevue actually. I didn't even know this existed, I'll have to go check it out. Unfortunately I don't have a car over here so no lovely drive for me, but I'm sure it's worth to go have a look. Has anyone else been before?

I've been to Leavenworth many times. It's beautiful in the winter. Never actually been in the summer. Haha. Everyone be aware that cell reception is terrible until you actually make it into the main town of Leavenworth!

- - - Updated - - -

Since when is 200 miles a long drive? :D
Why can't you go further?

I said earlier I think that I am taking my 87 Silvia (S12). I just don't want to push it hard and go that far with it as I feel like something is going to go wrong if I do. And I'm not even going if I don't get new front tires soon. (Though, I should be)

To be honest 200 miles is nothing to me. I used to be a medical courier. I'd drive over 250 miles a night.

I did some maths.

Estimated Fuel costs @ an average of $3.70 per Gallon

Redmond to Leavenworth full circle (230 miles)

5mpg 45.6 Gallons $170

10mpg 22.8 Gallons $85

15mpg 15.2 Gallons $56

20mpg 11.4 Gallons $42

25mpg 9.12 Gallons $34

30mpg 7.6 Gallons $28

35mpg 6.5 Gallons $24

Redmond to Twisp full circle (416 miles)

5mpg 83.2 Gallons $308

10mpg 41.6 Gallons $154

15mpg 27.7 Gallons $102.50

20mpg 20.8 Gallons $77

25mpg 16.64 Gallons $61.50

30mpg 13.8 Gallons $51

35mpg 11.9 Gallons $44

Driving around an awesome road with a bunch of fellow gearheads: priceless. ;)

Hey guys, I'm in provided it's not raining. I may have missed it but, assuming there's a big crowd at the Exotics, how will we recognize each other to rally up?

Hey guys, I'm in provided it's not raining. I may have missed it but, assuming there's a big crowd at the Exotics, how will we recognize each other to rally up?

Good question.

Any suggestions? I'll be wearing a Final Gear shirt, but other than that, hmm.

Hard to miss a blue Viper, so yeah. :)

I might try to show my car but not sure if they'll like me wanting to leave early with it or not.

What time are you planning on getting there? I'm thinking of going up Thursday so I have some time to enjoy the city, and so I don't have to drive up Saturday morning.

I'm going up in the middle of Friday, crashing at my sister's place in Bellevue (who's coming with me), and then heading home Sunday (giving my other sister a ride back home).

I meant regarding the meeting location, lol.

I'm getting there Saturday. :p

You mentioned going up Thursday, etc. so that confused me as to what you meant. ;)

I'll be at RTC by 8:30 since I plan on trying to get my car in.

Last edited:
I should be at RTC by around 8:45am myself. My car stands out nicely enough, and I'll probably be wearing a finalgear shirt as well. Having never been to the exotics gathering though, I'm not sure where a good gathering place is.

Man my timing stins, I won't be up in Oregon untill Sep. And I had been debating on drving up, but last month I went ahead and bought plane tickets. And afer last year my wife and I were planing on driving up in our convertables (my S2000 and her MX-5) she wimpped out and we ended up taking the Element.

Last edited:
My next question: Where are we going to have lunch in Leavenworth? Might I suggest the Munchen Haus....?

If I had a more road drivable car I'd be so down, but I'm going to be a no show in my Jeep. :(
Why not? I'm going in my Jeep.

My next question: Where are we going to have lunch in Leavenworth? Might I suggest the Munchen Haus....?

I was thinking that very place. Parking in LW is gonna be the biggest issue as previously mentioned. Is there gonna be this 1000 strong car thing going through on the same weekend? In terms of meeting somewhere, My Jeep,('01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laradeo) is Kinda hard to miss, here's an image for you to see it, but if you see it, park nearby. I suggest we park at the parking lot out front of the Desert Fire (clickie). I'll try to get there a bit early, so people can start to congregate. We have a long drive ahead. so we best be ready to leave no later than i'd say 10:30. Any other suggestions?

Since i need to be found, i'll be wearing my bright orange hunters hat, as well as a plaid jacket. someone come poke me.

Here's The Jeep
20120701_104734.jpg

see you there!

I like Munchen Haus (I ate there on Sunday), but do we really need to plan where we're going to eat already? :D

We'll be able to stop as a group before Leavenworth to discuss lunch plans and the rest of the day. Munchen Haus will probably be at the top of the list since it's easy to find, the food doesn't take long to get, and it can soak a lot of people up easily. But people can also eat where ever they want as long as they can meet back up with us afterward.

I'm just thinking the people that may only want to do the LW loop might want to know where we will be for lunch. And it's only 2 weeks out..., what can i say, I'm a planner.

My Car for ID purposes:

039.jpg

I'm going up in the middle of Friday, crashing at my sister's place in Bellevue (who's coming with me), and then heading home Sunday (giving my other sister a ride back home).

Woah woah woah. BOTH sisters are going to be there?

Oh come on Viper, transporting a sister in your trunk is a low thing to do. :p