August 11th, 2012: Seattle Area Meetup (Seattle + Portland + Vancouver)

Well this is us then:
7731649588_c08a5cf18e_z.jpg

I know we drive up past chelan I hope this doesnt cause any problems ; http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Wildfire-burns-4000-acres-near-Chelan-165168406.html

thanks for the link.

We can always take US-97 on the east side of the river rather than the west side. There's not usually a ton of traffic on those highways anyway, so even if there is some emergency traffic, as long as the road is open we should be ok. I've driven through wild fire areas (flames right next to the road) on US-97 south of Yakima.. you just have to breath less :p

Just finished reading the thread. Don't think I missed it but did any conclusion emerge as to "where" we meet and how we identify one another?

As mentioned earlier i suggest we meet in the parking lot of the Desert Fire (clickie) at like 10am, and leave no later than 10:30. If you want to get there earlier, look at some cars, if there's any there... i dunno, i've never been to that event. Your opinions?

I'll put a little banner in the window of my jeep, "here for finalgear!" or some cheesey thing.

we are planning on leaving at 10am though.. make sure you're in that parking lot before 10am :thumbsup:
Yes.. we'll probably leave later than 10am, but don't expect that, otherwise you'll just get yourself in trouble :p

Can we get this info in the first post Viper?

Just joined the forum but I've checking out the finalgear website for over 3 years now to get some juicy Top Gear news. I'm game for this. Count me in! I'll be bringing my BRZ. Hopefully there will be more than one, maybe my FR-S counterparts.

I'll post this info into the ft86club.com forum to get some interest. See you guys this Saturday. Only doing the 200 mile trip though, not the whole 400.

Original post in this thread updated with exact meeting location and time.

I'll be bringing my BRZ.

Hell ya. :cool:

Cleaning up for the event.

You're gonna make my car look dirty! :cry:

I spent an hour hand washing last week in preparation for this but I still have to drive up to my sister's place in Bellevue on Friday so it's gonna get dirty then. No place to wash it up there. :(

Last edited:
About the Desert Fire parking lot, I believe its part of the exotics car show area where they park as well, atleast thats what it looked like when I went there last weekend. So im not sure if we can all just pull up and park in that area or not.
But there is spots (when not full)right next to claim jumpers and a not so well known "hidden" parking off the east and west across the street by some office buildings.

What about the parking garage on the North side? There's plenty of parking for retail there, and it's probably not going to be too busy early Saturday, besides the car show. We could all meet on the upper level.

You're gonna make my car look dirty! :cry:

I spent an hour hand washing last week in preparation for this but I still have to drive up to my sister's place in Bellevue on Friday so it's gonna get dirty then. No place to wash it up there. :(

You can stop off at my house in Lynnwood / Brier and wash it. ;) Just past Bellevue 405 exit 26.

- - - Updated - - -

Its possible to meet up there its a bit of a walk there compared to parking right nearby

But viper and parking garage equals yummy noises.

- - - Updated - - -

Just joined the forum but I've checking out the finalgear website for over 3 years now to get some juicy Top Gear news. I'm game for this. Count me in! I'll be bringing my BRZ. Hopefully there will be more than one, maybe my FR-S counterparts.

I'll post this info into the ft86club.com forum to get some interest. See you guys this Saturday. Only doing the 200 mile trip though, not the whole 400.

Nice! I'm excited to see a BRZ in person. It's funny you mention AE86's, it's very similar to my 87' S12 Silvia I'll be bringing.

Park Place Auto Salon in Bellevue.. it's the only place I trust having my car washed. It's a hand wash with no tracks.. and they do a good job. I believe the total is $26.23 after tax for the "number 1" (I'm there a lot :p)

- - - Updated - - -

Er.. might want to ask before inviting other forums (common courtesy). I know we asked people to not openly invite people for the last pnw meet. Inviting friends is fine.

I run a PNW specific car enthusiast site and I haven't even posted it there

Don't.

What about the parking garage on the North side? There's plenty of parking for retail there, and it's probably not going to be too busy early Saturday, besides the car show. We could all meet on the upper level.

Erm, for those of us who have higher profile vehicles... (looks around) Me... Parking garages don't exactly work for me.

So meet up between 9-9:45 seems to be the consensus and be pulling out by 10?

i'll be putting a bright orange hunter's hat on my jeep's CB antenna. and i'll put on a High Visibility Jacket, because those things apparently save lives.

Last edited:
Erm, for those of us who have higher profile vehicles... (looks around) Me... Parking garages don't exactly work for me.

same for those of us with lower cars :p

So meet up between 9-9:45 seems to be the consensus and be pulling out by 10?

yup.. and many of us will be there earlier to check out the cars.

Anyone interested in eating breakfast together before heading out?

Anyone interested in eating breakfast together before heading out?

maybe? I'm hoping to be there by around 8:30 - 8:45, so maybe we'll have time for a quick breakfast and still be able to look at some cars?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm from Western Australia, but I'm in Seattle for a few months, Bellevue actually. I didn't even know this existed, I'll have to go check it out. Unfortunately I don't have a car over here so no lovely drive for me, but I'm sure it's worth to go have a look. Has anyone else been before?

so.. do you want a ride?