August 11th, 2012: Seattle Area Meetup (Seattle + Portland + Vancouver)

But viper and parking garage equals yummy noises.

Dragging my front bumper isn't a yummy noise. :p

Also I may or may not try to get my car into the show. Obviously I'll want to leave before the show is finished so not sure if they'd want me or not.

Park Place Auto Salon in Bellevue.. it's the only place I trust having my car washed. It's a hand wash with no tracks.. and they do a good job. I believe the total is $26.23 after tax for the "number 1" (I'm there a lot :p)

Holy shit, nice. I wish we had a place like that in Portland!

Do I need to schedule an appointment or can I just show up?

Er.. might want to ask before inviting other forums (common courtesy). I know we asked people to not openly invite people for the last pnw meet. Inviting friends is fine.

I run a PNW specific car enthusiast site and I haven't even posted it there

I'm not sure how I feel about inviting folks from other forums.

On one hand the more the merrier, but on the other it makes it harder to fit into restaurants and I don't want random assholes showing up. Then again we have our own random assholes so I don't see how that's any different.

In short, I don't really see a problem with inviting other folks as long as they behave themselves and they know it's a FinalGear.com meet and they should behave themselves.

Also I may or may not try to get my car into the show. Obviously I'll want to leave before the show is finished so not sure if they'd want me or not.

The show starts wrapping up around 10, last weekend people started leaving around that time for the most part. And for joining it looks like you just pull up and they point you to a spot. If a bunch of BMW's can get in your Viper can, I saw a blue one there last weekend.

The show starts wrapping up around 10, last weekend people started leaving around that time for the most part. And for joining it looks like you just pull up and they point you to a spot. If a bunch of BMW's can get in your Viper can, I saw a blue one there last weekend.

Perfect. The site says it's from 9 to 11 and with us leaving at 10... :)

Thanks for chiming in Viper. Mind if I invite a few MINIs? like 3-5 guys total I'm guessing

As well if you want to leave you just start up your car and start leaving and people will get out of your way. But always good to ask the guys at the entrance when you pull up about it, but it seems pretty relaxed.

But always good to ask the guys at the entrance when you pull up about it, but it seems pretty relaxed.

Yeah, that was my plan. :)

Thanks for chiming in Viper. Mind if I invite a few MINIs? like 3-5 guys total I'm guessing

I don't want this thing to grow to a crazy size with like 50 cars or something showing up, but I guess that's fine.

I've been looking at an official count and I've come up with around 30 - 35.

me: elicansmile
Viper007
Voodoo
Argatoga
Rootrider
Horhay
Simscube
Talaaya
Lgbr
Deviate ?
Skidd ?
Electromage
Peewee180
Driftingzzw30
Wraith
Nova_golem
Laucenar
No.9
528i
Azarashi
Linuxkoder
Turbospeeder ?
Limeypride
Deephunta
Rocketballoon
Bryan ? white miata
3 ? 5 mini coopers?
3-5 BRZ?s?

Certainly is a lot already, also how many people are doing the full loop and not just heading back after Leavenworth?

30-40 cars really isn't that big for a group drive IMO, pretty big group for meeting in RTC though. I'll get the Mini guys to park elsewhere to relieve the parking in the AM.

As for the 200 vs 400 mile question aza, the Mini's all said already - Leavenworth only :cool:

I'm still not sure about the whole loop, I'll be in the car solo .... boring.

BTW Viper, thanks for the website!!! I really like it and the forums, I should have joined loooooong ago!

Last edited:
My guess is like 1/3 of the people will do the whole loop. I don't have a problem with people doing the short trip at all -- totally understandable. (Pussies! :p) I do worry a bit about trying to find a place to get lunch though. We'll certainly have to split up or get stuff to go and all eat in a parking lot or something.

BTW Viper, thanks for the website!!! I really like it and the forums, I should have joined loooooong ago!

Ha, no problem. Glad you like it here. :)

I've been looking at an official count and I've come up with around 30 - 35.

me: elicansmile
Viper007
Voodoo
Argatoga
Rootrider
Horhay
Simscube
Talaaya
Lgbr
Deviate ?
Skidd ?
Electromage
Peewee180
Driftingzzw30
Wraith
Nova_golem
Laucenar
No.9
528i
Azarashi
Linuxkoder
Turbospeeder ?
Limeypride
Deephunta
Rocketballoon
Bryan ? white miata
3 ? 5 mini coopers?
3-5 BRZ?s?

I know for sure some of those people aren't going.. and others are riding with some people.

30 - 40 is a fairly big group for this sort of loosely planned drive. I've been on countless group drives.. IMO 10 - 25 is a pretty good range. Once you get larger than that you have trouble parking cars, getting into restaurants, keeping track of people, etc. Hopefully this works out..

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is like 1/3 of the people will do the whole loop. I don't have a problem with people doing the short trip at all -- totally understandable. (Pussies! :p) I do worry a bit about trying to find a place to get lunch though. We'll certainly have to split up or get stuff to go and all eat in a parking lot or something.

Well.. Leavenworth: we're not going to be able to come close to parking together anyway. And yeah.. most places will have a hard time taking more than a few people at once. We can easily split up and meet back by a certain time (we'll definitely stop before coming into town to discuss this with everyone). Then there's M?nchen Haus, which can easily handle a bunch of people showing up.. and they have good brats :D

For the record, I should be doing the full 400 miles. Never been into the US before, and I love driving, so I might as well. :) I'm sure my only regret will be not being able to get my lowering springs I ordered the other day installed until after the drive. :p

For the record, I should be doing the full 400 miles. Never been into the US before, and I love driving, so I might as well. :) I'm sure my only regret will be not being able to get my lowering springs I ordered the other day installed until after the drive. :p

Get your passport yet? Mine took forever, but that was a US passport.

Going to pick it up today. I payed for express pickup, so it better be all good to go!

Edit: Got the passport, good to go! :)

Last edited:
heh.. thanks. I'll find the time.. I've got it down to about 45 minutes, counting getting everything out and putting things away afterward. I just haven't found the motivation yet :D

on second thought.. I wouldn't turn down some company and a chance to meet someone else in the area, so feel free to PM me if you are free Thursday evening :D

Last edited:
We've met dude! It's me, CJ! :lol:

I sold the white E30 to go minitruckin' then the red B2200 died on me .. and I've always liked Coopers.