Australian members - Jeremy Clarkson's Hot 100 Cars cheap

surroundfan

Car(s)
2008 Mazda2 Neo
Just a quick post for any forum members in Melbourne. In Myer in the city today, I was cruising around the book department. Naturally, I went looking for books on cars and stumbled across Jeremy Clarkson's Hot 100 Cars (in the sports section).

The book provides an overview of 'cars that make you go phwoar' and is written in Clarkson's inimitable style.

There are four copies left at a very reasonable $12.95 each (RRP is $40 looking at Australian internet booksellers). They are hardback copies and have lots of colour photos. Enjoy.

EDIT - to reflect availability in Myers outside Melbourne. Which Myers remains to be seen...

but isn't that review on pretty old cars?... I guess its great for placing on the coffee table

andyhui01 said:
but isn't that review on pretty old cars?... I guess its great for placing on the coffee table

So? Some of us enjoy hearing/reading about some of the great cars of the past, many of which have gone on to become classics.

If people didn't like to read/hear about old cars, do you reckon the classic TG episodes from 1989-91 that are floating around would be so popular? :D

I might have to pop into Myer in Adelaide and see if they've got the same special, I wouldn't mind this book.

Yup - it's a coffee table book that, unlike most coffee table books, has worthwhile content...

The cars stop around the mid-90s so the Ferrari 355 is the last Ferrari that gets a look in (but the book covers the whole post war period).

I'm not in Australia :unsure: :(

Re: Melbourne members - Jeremy Clarkson's Hot 100 Cars cheap

Re: Melbourne members - Jeremy Clarkson's Hot 100 Cars cheap

surroundfan said:
Just a quick post for any forum members in Melbourne. In Myer in the city today, I was cruising around the book department. Naturally, I went looking for books on cars and stumbled across Jeremy Clarkson's Hot 100 Cars (in the sports section).

The book provides an overview of 'cars that make you go phwoar' and is written in Clarkson's inimitable style.

There are four copies left at a very reasonable $12.95 each (RRP is $40 looking at Australian internet booksellers). They are hardback copies and have lots of colour photos. Enjoy.

Do you know if it is just the city, or all Myer stores in Melbourne?

For anyone interested in Sydney, it's in the city Myer (about 10 copies). And it's 25% off which brings it to a grand total of $9.70. Bargain :D

Not sure when it came out but its filled with cars from before the mid-1990's. Read a few posts up...