Australian V8 Supercars

FPR's Retro Livery
fpr-344x229.jpg

Full Report

Last edited:
Loving the retro liveries. DJR really need to do a retro Greens Tuff livery to go with the Tru Blu one.

Lakeside-main.gif

What's with all these retro liveries? Since HRT did it last year it seems to be the in thing.

Mainly coz of the 50th anniversary.

And I'm pretty sure HRT's was in 2010?

Wellsie, there won't be any more retro liveries from DJR unfortunately, Jim Beam is already changing 17 for GC600 so I don't think they were keen to change 2 rounds in a row. Just my personal speculation there, not their official line!

Still think Full Stop (Moff's car) is the best so far. Only car where the sponsor has given away more than a tiny bit of space to the retro scheme.

Agreed, moffs is the better looking of the bunch. Just thought it would be cool to have classic DJ liveries on the grid.

Definitely agree, I was really hoping at least 3 of the DJR rides would get a makeover : (.

Bear in mind as well that a lot of cars aren't going to run their liveries until race day as well. DJR just posted a photo of Full Stop in normal colours with the 17 on her windshield- kinda cool, but still was a bit weird haha!!!

I'll be there tomorrow :mrgreen:

2ac1a8040c3111e28a0c22000a1e9610_7.jpg

Last edited:
888's retro Livery
IMG_4115-344x224.jpg

Oh and the Red "V" on the bonnet is inverted cause if it was original it'd break the anti-tobacco laws (looking too much like the Marlboro brand scheme)

Last edited:
Beautiful
[video=youtube;WVA_-oWR4W4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WVA_-oWR4W4[/video]

Oh man. I must be a cynical wanker, as I'm completely over those long winded promo's that they run every year. The deep voice Thaaaat Taaaalks Liiiike Thissss, the John Williamseque war movie sound track, the nauseating jingoism...
At least they didn't end with a nickleback song this time...
Anyway, does anyone want to make a call yet?

GT all the way!!

My tip for the race winner, even though I'll not be barracking for him, is Whincup/Dumbrell. Hoping the FPR cars do well but I realistically don't see luck going their way.

Oh and I damn well hope Ch7 show the demo lap of the Porsche RS Spider with Bleeko steering it, love to see it with the shackles loosened and put in a vary fast time. (should be able to do a sub-2min but can't see them letting that happen)

Edit- oh and I'm with Rex being over the promo... beginning.. ad breaks... ...roll-eyes...