Australian version of Top Gear

if they say to keep the show strictly australia like i read then as JEREMY CLARKSON would say while driving the best car in the world the BUGATTI VERYON YOU DON,T HAVE A HOPE IN HELL and i agree with JEREMY CLARKSON australia has shit cars and they are all overpriced and overrated holdens fords big deal how pathetic if it wasn,t for the other countries bringing in their cars then this country wouldn,t have anything and as for TOPGEAR here it will not stand a chance unless i host it because they wouldn,t know where to get the supercars from or who the dealers are are even which care to get or HOW and for all you people who do not agree with me and you applied for a job at topgear here then answer this question and i have many more who owns alfa romeo?and if you know that do they own any others and if so who? lets just start with the simple stuff because these questions you need to know or how can you get the cars? anyhow I am glad that topgear uk is still on tv because when its on here the very first show will go down as the WORST EVER AND WILL FAIL WITHOUT ME. I have already said so and you will see it for yourselves anyhow great to be here on fifth gear feel free to comment anyone bye.

they do not have the unlimited bugdet for topgear here and without a test track the show will never reach the first week without complaints whats a car show without a car test track? as JEREMY CLARKSON SAID while driving my countries magnificent LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP640 it would be like taking the sun away from a sun shiny day and you are left with nothing . so without a car test track topgear here is DOOMED and FAST.

:lol:they do not have the unlimited bugdet for topgear here and without a test track the show will never reach the first week without complaints whats a car show without a car test track? as JEREMY CLARKSON SAID while driving my countries magnificent LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP640 it would be like taking the sun away from a sun shiny day and you are left with nothing . so without a car test track topgear here is DOOMED and FAST.

Full stop. Feel free to stick one of these at the end of each sentence. Your english teacher must hate you...

Didn't manage to read all of your disjointed posts, but I think the gist of which was that the show is going to fail. Have you seen the first few episodes of Season One of Top Gear UK? The awkwardness that was clearly evident between Clarkson, Hammond and Dawe? May wasn't around then either. The car reviews and production that just didn't quite hit the mark? It developed and improved though, so I don't see why the Australian edition shouldn't either.

It would be an extremely short sighted person to write off a series after just one episo - wait, even before the damn series has begun!

And I doubt that there is anyone on this entire forum who doesn't know what car companies are owned by Fiat SpA.

... and i agree with JEREMY CLARKSON australia has shit cars...

Actually, Clarkson praised the Monaro and VE on numerous occasions, and he would probably see the Australian Fords in a similar light. I'm not a fan of the "falcodores", but they do have their merits, and they are miles better than most domestic American cars.

I don't think there's any doubt over the Mitsubishi 380/Magna though. That truly was awful, and it's suprising it has taken this long to finally kick the bucket. Massively wide externally, and dangerous in the wet (automatic + weight + FWD V6 + cheap tyres + lack of suspension/steering ability = !).

I hope TGA does well, but by not picking me they all but shot themselves in the foot! :p I'm really interested to see who they have hosting it, and i hope there's a villian like me in there to restore the balance. :)

I hope TGA does well, but by not picking me they all but shot themselves in the foot! :p

I forget which thread it was in, but the secret to getting an interview was to just talk about cars in front a camera for 10 minutes (preferably with a mate and a beer). Being named Warren was also an advantage but not essential.

I still reckon that Ray Martin will somehow be involved with TGA. The timing of his departure from Nein, along with the persistent rumours about Ray and TGA ... well ... it's too big to ignore ...

Hello Ray... wasn't there some stalkers on the Comedy Company or something that fancied Ray Martin?

I forget which thread it was in, but the secret to getting an interview was to just talk about cars in front a camera for 10 minutes (preferably with a mate and a beer). Being named Warren was also an advantage but not essential.

I still reckon that Ray Martin will somehow be involved with TGA. The timing of his departure from Nein, along with the persistent rumours about Ray and TGA ... well ... it's too big to ignore ...

I've run casting before, so i knew what should have worked. Instead of elaborate, heavily edited clips, all they want is to see your face and hear you speak. :p

Because of my English background i tried to post myself as the villian of the piece, the foil to the boganistic bent of the other two hosts. But they probably thought it was dangerously close to TGUK, and decided to go with three ute-loving Aussies instead. :D

I'd love to see a WWF style "good guys and bad guys" set up, have a host who you love to hate. ;)

Every now and then I drop in here to see what happening. I was quite entertained today to see that we've been visited by bloke who feels the need to capitalise random WORDS.

FFS, run your text through the Google Translate function and we'll understand you better. http://translate.google.com

Like this:

E: Please leave us alone. You cannot spell or punctuate.
I: Vi preghiamo di lasciarci soli. Non puoi incantesimo o puntata.

with the good guy, bad guy idea, or rather baby-face and heel to use wrestling terminology, I reckon that would work well with someone who is a falcodore and another person that hates them...that way you will have someone to agree with no matter what.

I know its a little off the topic, but I wish the Aussie rules commentary would adopt the WWE style and have one guy really biased to one team and the other to the other team. Get rid of boring Tim Lane for Gods sake! He makes Ray seem hip and exciting. Ok, enough of my off topic rant,

Cheers,
Tim

answer this question and i have many more who owns alfa romeo?and if you know that do they own any others and if so who? lets just start with the simple stuff

The only people who care about who owns Alfa Romeo are the owners, since they need to know who to complain to when their cars rust away and/or constantly break down.

However, I'll go out on a limb and say "Papa Giuseppi".

Its not like Top Gear is the pinnacle of automotive accuracy either. They constantly get their facts wrong.

I know its a little off the topic, but I wish the Aussie rules commentary would adopt the WWE style and have one guy really biased to one team and the other to the other team. Get rid of boring Tim Lane for Gods sake! He makes Ray seem hip and exciting. Ok, enough of my off topic rant,

Robert Walls is one of the most bias commentators going around. He mprobably gets a hard on everytime he sees Chris Judd in a Carlton guernsey.

omg that "Car Show" on chan 9 is terrible and the host is even worse

plz be someone else with knowledge

Hey Aussies - has anyone volunteered to do the ripping and posting honours when this airs? I'd love to watch it to see the Aussie spin on a TG type show. (NB Same for Gear actually). Would be nice on one of the FTPs if possible. ...

/EDIT BTW, what a weird first three posts on this page. ...

Hey Aussies - has anyone volunteered to do the ripping and posting honours when this airs? I'd love to watch it to see the Aussie spin on a TG type show. (NB Same for Gear actually). Would be nice on one of the FTPs if possible. ...

/EDIT BTW, what a weird first three posts on this page. ...

we might be too ashamed to show it yet :p

I can potentially cap it. We'll see if it's worth doing.

I'm all for TGA but it's entirely down to hosts. We have some of the best presenters and writers in this country, it's just they're not hired to do good shows.

On that basis, I reckon TGA will be a big thumbs down. I don't want to see every new variant of Commodore released get a review, just the one will do.

We're also pretty starved for exotica in this country, so I'd imagine it'll be more "average" cars that show up (which some people will like, but we won't be reviewing them til they've been out overseas for a year anyway)

On that basis, I reckon TGA will be a big thumbs down. I don't want to see every new variant of Commodore released get a review, just the one will do.

I think that is probably some of the appeal of the show, highlighting domestic products. After all would you really want to see a top gear australia review of a car reviewed on regular top gear a season ago.