Australian vs British TG

Australian vs British TG

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuieve

Some might find this question being asked too early, but after the 3rd episode of TGA I have a clear answer.

I love TGA a lot more.

- more entertaining hosts
- better written reviews
- better news
- better scenery
- better challenges
- better jokes
- better flow

I believe it is way too early to be making such a speculation. Top Gear UK didn't come into it's own until well into the second series, IMO, and TGA still has a LOT of bugs to be worked out.

So I have a feeling that at this point in time, TGUK is only logical to be the better series.

11 Series vs not even 0.5 Series isn't much of a comparison.

Do we really need yet another thread? Let's keep it to the episode discussion threads eh?

I believe it is way too early to be making such a speculation. Top Gear UK didn't come into it's own until well into the second series, IMO, and TGA still has a LOT of bugs to be worked out.

So I have a feeling that at this point in time, TGUK is only logical to be the better series.

11 Series vs not even 0.5 Series isn't much of a comparison.

Could not agree more, i have been saying it since these people started bashing this show from the first epp. thats the whole reason i registered on this forum, had to have my say.

when season 2 concludes, then, we can start to critique this show, till then, lets take it easy. give them a chance to bond and work out the kinks.

This poll is flawed.

TGUK is a far more refined, mature product than TGA. A far more appropriate poll wouldn?t be due until after TGA 1x08 has aired, and at that stage the poll would be something along the lines of ?Which was better: TGA Series 1 or TGUK Series 3?.

Given that Freehand have (unofficially) said that TGUK Series 3 is their benchmark for TGA Series 1, I think this would be the fairest comparison ? but this is still too early to call.

For what it?s worth, I expect this benchmark to be well and truly met by the end of TGA S1.

If everyone actually voted in this poll it would be 99% for TG UK and Nuieve for TG AUS. I doubt the Australian version will ever be even half the show TG UK is, but it's got potential to be decent.

I'm hoping that one day TGA is like the earlier seasons of TG (4,5,6,7) than what the show has become, variety is nice after all.

This poll is flawed.

TGUK is a far more refined, mature product than TGA. A far more appropriate poll wouldn?t be due until after TGA 1x08 has aired, and at that stage the poll would be something along the lines of ?Which was better: TGA Series 1 or TGUK Series 3?.

How is TGUK more refined or mature? Do you think so only because it's 5+ years old? The reason everyone votes for TGUK is because they're already fans of it and are biased, and can't see its flows, and exalt it for no reason at all. The last 2-3 seasons were very weak imo. And I actually think it was better in earlier seasons than in the last ones. I watched them all again from the S1E1 just several months ago. I loved the first few seasons most (except for that annoying fat guy from 1st season with his sensible consumer advice). If anything, TGUK has deteriorated severely in the last few years:
- less focus on cars, more on politics and BS
- formulaic, dull reviews (the car is so bad bad bad.... *pause*... but when you turn the traction control off.... this car is good good good good... but i still don't like it) The humor in reviews is long since gone. The first few years were funny, but now they're just borderline boring.
- horrible news section talking about rubbish (makes me cringe a lot)
- strained humor, I can't stand presenters having a visibly unnatural, forced laugh at unfunny jokes and not knowing when to stop explaining them
- dull, ponderous, obviously scripted challenges (fox challenge, german race, or car vs skies, bicycle, parachute, whatever)
- epic episodes (like Japan) being a snooze-fest

Maybe I'm not a fanboy, and that's why I don't have bias, and thus am able to enjoy TGA a lot more. Because at least it started exactly where TGUK started (and what made it so good) - at being a good strictly car-focused show catered to car enthusiasts rather than a show about nothing with some car featured once in a while.

Is this a joke?? your kidding right?? because I think you may be the only person in the world to think TGA is better than TGUK. But I guess theres always one person....

Is this a joke?? your kidding right?? because I think you may be the only person in the world to think TGA is better than TGUK. But I guess theres always one person....

Too right!
its way too early to early to be drawing comparisons
let the season play out, then we might think about comparing it

Status
Not open for further replies.