Autocar - Spied: Porsche 911 GT3 RS

ahpadt

Forum Addict
As Porsche prepares to unveil a newly facelifted version of its 911, our spies have caught the next evolution of the hardcore GT3 RS model testing at the Nurburgring.

The new GT3 RS is expected to go on sale next year, while the updated version of the standard 911 will be released within the next few months. Styling around the front and rear bumper has been subtly modified, and this lightweight, track-focused Porsche is now expected to offer around 450bhp; that?s 40bhp more than the current car.

The updated standard 911 - which Autocar.co.uk will have first official pictures of this Friday (6 June) - is expected to use new direct-injection engines. However, it?s not yet clear whether the GT3 RS will follow suit because its engine block has traditionally been based on the unit from the Porsche GT1 racing car.

We do know that the GT3 will get Porsche?s new seven-speed, dual-clutch transmission, officially known as Porsche Doppel Kupplung (PDK). It?s a paddle-shift-only unit and promises seamless, rapid cog-swapping. Other new touches include LED brake lights and Audi R8-style LED driving lights, set within a redesigned front bumper.

2688111133.jpg

2688112619.jpg

Oh god... IT STILL LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME!!! Where's the facelift?

Why change it externally? "never change a winning team :p"

more power is a good thing ;)

Rear lights are changed, rear wing has changed and maybe the bumper. I'm pretty sure all this creates more downforce.

Thats it. I am officialy bored with Porsche.

Next they will bring out a retro porsche that will actually just be an old used Slantnose. And make you pay $80,000 for it.

Thats it. I am officialy bored with Porsche.

Next they will bring out a retro porsche that will actually just be an old used Slantnose. And make you pay $80,000 for it.

You know it's just a facelift? Nobody does drastic changes with facelifts.

With the 911 facelift, I can atleast see the difference. What Aston did with the DB9 facelift was to do... nothing. It's exactly the same.

Personally I am fine with the styling, Porsche 911's have looked the goods for a long time now. To me Porsche isn't about styling as much as it is about the performance.

To be honest I liked the old 997 looks better then the new 997 face lift looks, tail lights are ugly, but the +50 hp is good.

Another new 911?? :sleeping:

Well they added Direct injection. Whoopdi-doo. The only way left to change it is to give it DEI.

Oh god... IT STILL LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME!!! Where's the facelift?

:lol: I thought that too, and now upon examining it closer, I see the changed wing. Shocking, radical changes, I know. :lol:

Well they added Direct injection. Whoopdi-doo. The only way left to change it is to give it DEI.

DEI?! But then the world would implode! We can't fathom the power.

You know, it's just a facelift. I've seen facelifted modells with less changes from other companies.

And anyway, that "Porsche doesn't change the looks of their modells"-joke is really getting old now. We've all seen the shows, read the articles, etc. Everyone who isn't completely oblivious to cars can easily tell what's the difference between a 996 and a 997 or a 986 and a 987.

^ That's right. It's Porsche 911, it's perfect and doesn't need to be changed radically.

I don't care that they haven't changed it forever.
I still want one more than I want to get laid (Well I suppose it's close.)

Read the EVO COTY 2007 and they say "how can this car possibly be improved" yet Porsche has found a way.

DSG box and more power will make this thing simply unstoppable.

As Jeremy said, Porsche has the laziest styling department in the world.

Laziest styling department in the world indeed.
But when it's the best style, why change it?