Autocar - Spied: Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Blue/goldish colour scheme wins everything ever

They have the laziest styling department because they have to get a lot of engineers for the engineering department and because of that they don't have money left to actually hire any stylists.

And yeah, you can order with decal delete if you want. I kinda feel like an RS should look cartoonish and vulgar, though. If you want understated just get a "regular" GT3. :)
Damn right!:thumbsup:

I've just thought of something that applies to Porsche 911's, or at least the ones that are famous for offing show offs.
"Porsche 911, design by evolution, engineered for natural selection."

^ You need to update your signature FYI (or whoever made those shots needs to borrow the new 911s and take photos on the same backdrop).

I've trying to find side shots of the new 911s with the same or similar backdrop but it isn't resulting in much.

It's not funny when that's the only joke "911 haters" can come up with to knock it, cos they secretly know its the best performance sports car.

Why you asume that I hate 911? I adore it. It's thing of beauty and an excellent sports car.

That joke was prehaps funny the first elleventy-hundred-times, but since then it's got old...

Just like leafsprings and pushrods...

It wasn't really supposed to be funny.

Last edited:
Horst von Saurma laped the N?rburgring-Nordschleife with a production 997 GT3 RS Mk.II in 7:33 during the "SportAuto Supertest" which is released in the current issue of the German carmagazine "SportAuto"!
The testcar was not the "production-racecar" with which he takes part at the N?rbergring 24h race in company with Chris Harris, Roland Asch and Walther R?hrl.

The only difference on the car they are running in N24 is that it's got racing slicks.

Horst von Saurma laped the N?rburgring-Nordschleife with a production 997 GT3 RS Mk.II in 7:33 during the "SportAuto Supertest" which is released in the current issue of the German carmagazine "SportAuto"!
The testcar was not the "production-racecar" with which he takes part at the N?rbergring 24h race in company with Chris Harris, Roland Asch and Walther R?hrl.

Is that with stock tyres? If so thats mighty impressive to be only a couple seconds behind the hyper cars with 150-200 more horsepower.

The only difference on the car they are running in N24 is that it's got racing slicks.

It's worth noting that they dropped down to 18" wheels with the move to slicks (much nicer than the stock 19" wheels). They also made some adjustments to the ABS controller. ABS on the RS is easy to confuse when running slicks and can result in a loss of braking authority when you most need it. I've run into it a few times, myself. It still represents an impressive showing from what is effectively a street car.

Last edited:
IT'S CALLED EVOLUTION, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

E - V - O - L - U - T - I - O - N

So? It's still one of the most ugliest cars ever made IMO.

Still slower than a GT-R. :lol:

So? It's still one of the most ugliest cars ever made IMO.
I think it's currently the best looking sportscar currently in production. In my mind the 911 is a classic beauty that will never age. After all, sportscars comes and sportscars goes, but the 911 still remains.

Still slower than a GT-R. :lol:
This lap was done by Sport Auto and Horst von Saurma. The fastest time they managed to get out of the GT-R was 7:38, so the 997.2 GT3 RS is faster than that, and also just as fast as the outgoing GT2, that's impressive. For reference, the 430 Scuderia managed a 7:39. This is a very fast machine despite having none of the fancy electronic-go-faster-driving-aids-jippo it's competitors are laden with... Times are listed here, but the 997.2 GT3 RS hasn't been listed yet, as it's still very recent.

Last edited: