Autocar - Spied: Porsche 911 GT3 RS

I'm sure you would enjoy driving one

I've just sold mine, admittedly I'll miss it, and if I had the room would keep it.

And see where they are now: Laptops with headlamps.

The Enzo is a laptop with headlamps?

Simple question, would you'd want a 911 rather than an Enzo?

concerning this point i have to agree with ahpadt, my choice would be gt3 rs, too!

Wonder if they'll get a new range of truly mad colours? Matte brown and grey perhaps or violet or beige..

Yeah that'd be cool, but hopefully they'll keep the orange livery with black highlights because i need a new wallpaper that matches the orange wall behind my monitor. :D

Found some news about the specs of the 997 GT3 RS Mark II:

http://www.blowdog.com/cars/gt3-mk2-preview-event-at-silverstone/

If these turn out to be true the facelifted GT3 RS is going to be an enormous car!

Anyone else notice Chris Harris's green 911 in the pictures? :)

1428.jpg

You mean a GT3 RS or a Scuderia? Easiest choice I've ever made.

The GT3 RS.

I'd go with the Scuderia.

Anyway, I don't mind either, so yeah.

Anyway, it would be a really great thing if the GT3 RS would differentiate itself a little bit more from the regular GT3 than it used to in the mark I series.
:thumbup:

Anyway, it would be a really great thing if the GT3 RS would differentiate itself a little bit more from the regular GT3 than it used to in the mark I series.
:thumbup:

Exactly. For me, its not worth the extra over the GT3.

Well, with the new RS it sounds like they are trying to make it more different compared to the GT3 with more authentic racing parts.

I love Porsche, and especially the 911. That said, I do wish they would do a restyle. I don't mean change the essence of the 911.. but look a the 930 vs 964 vs 996 vs 997.. you can tell the differences.. with the 997, they just make tweaks.. Like that Top Gear when jeremy tested the latest Carrera, and he started off driving the wrong one. I mean, they say every body panel is different, but you have to have a ruler to see that this is 4cm higher or lower than previous. I just can't tell the differences anymore.

I love Porsche, and especially the 911. That said, I do wish they would do a restyle. I don't mean change the essence of the 911.. but look a the 930 vs 964 vs 996 vs 997.. you can tell the differences.. with the 997, they just make tweaks.. Like that Top Gear when jeremy tested the latest Carrera, and he started off driving the wrong one. I mean, they say every body panel is different, but you have to have a ruler to see that this is 4cm higher or lower than previous. I just can't tell the differences anymore.

You have to be blind if you can't tell the difference between the 996 and the 997.

Exactly. For me, its not worth the extra over the GT3.
If this statement is related to the GT3 RS Mark I, i would basically agree.
But if the GT3 RS Mark II is going to be delivered with all that beautiful stuff,

- 14 BHP more than the GT3 Mark II
- GT3 RSR front suspension
- wider front track
- titanium parts and exhaust system
- shorter gear ratios

i would pay the premium without hesitation.

Well, with the new RS it sounds like they are trying to make it more different compared to the GT3 with more authentic racing parts.
And that is what a real RS version should be all abaout.