Game: Automation - A Car Company Tycoon Game - Latest Update

Exciting news and such!

We?ll be releasing a demo of just the cosmetic side of the car designer (no suspension/engine installation etc.)

If you Preorder Automation (or have already) then you?ll get early access on the 30th of July. The free demo will get access to it on the 6th of August.

Below is a new trailer and a Let's Play of the cosmetic design demo.

Also, I hate to be "That guy" but if you haven't already, we'd really appreciate it if you'd vote on our Greenlight page, we're still stuck at #64 in the top 100 (we've been there for nearly a year in the 60s!) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=93233471

Thanks for keeping us updated, this is exciting stuff! :)

Glad the project is moving forward.

Glad to hear things are coming along. So stoked

Today the marriage update went live.

You can now:
Fit engines to your car bodies either longitudinally or transversely
Select fwd/rwd/awd
Gearbox settings, manual/double clutch, number gears, gearing top speed and gear spacing
Tire size
And finally get basic performance figures, 0-100, top speed, 1/4 mile and a few others.

Also cooling have been added so you will need grills on your car that allows enough air to the radiator for the power your engine makes or MTBF will suffer and if you engine bay is very tight service cost will get a penalty.

If the game fails to load you might need to delete/move your old engines/platforms/ect.

Tomorrow (12th march) Automaton will be released on Steam early access and along with it a big polish update.

Nice, looking forward to it. :)

Lol @ the Airfield Track. Some say that the test driver is secretly in love with the parked airplane and that he thinks 50 Shades of Grey is a how-to book about burnouts.

Anyway I added the game to my wishlist, will probably purchase soon. Good luck and keep on the great work!

Converted my key to Steam today and downloaded the latest version, a really nice step forward. :)

Lol @ the Airfield Track. Some say that the test driver is secretly in love with the parked airplane and that he thinks 50 Shades of Grey is a how-to book about burnouts.

I didn't watch the video so that was a nice surprise, wasn't expecting it. It's good to see how my junk cars manage a track, are there plans for the game to eventually gain a 3D test track at some point?

No plans for a 3d track as far as I'm aware, it would be a rather large time investment for a small team.