Automotive Stereotypes

Yeah any car for under 30 grand she wanted and she picks an h3...not luxury, not alpha...in yellow...

hansennova.jpg

m5lp_0709w_01_z+john_force+.jpg

Hmmm...
08.porsche.911turbo.cabrio.340.jpg

Mid-life crisis

Aaaand...
C6%20Covertible%20-%20autodrum.jpg

Mid-life crisis

Aaaand...
camaro1.jpg

Drug dealer

Aaaand...
01-audi-r8-spyder-live-620op.jpg

Businessman/Inventor/Superhero

Yeah any car for under 30 grand she wanted and she picks an h3...not luxury, not alpha...in yellow...
This is madness.

Stereotypes?

Hello Grandma!
Opel-Meriva.jpg

Hello poor Grandma!
golf2_gl2.jpg

How?s college working out for you?
RENAULT-Clio-1-8-Automatik-Baccara--1994-1996-.jpg

CONFORM - OBEY - BEHAVE
59221228_1b7ced3310.jpg

I try hard to be different than you in your confomist A4 Avant! (and fail with my rebadged opel)
23833-Saab_9_3_525.jpg

Last edited:
I stay away from those types of stereotype, as people claim the same about sportscar drivers. It'd just turn into a, "You have a small dick," "No, you have a small dick," pissing match.
But big giant truck drivers who never use their trucks for hauling stuff, playing in the mud, or ranchin' do have tiny wieners!

See also: the parking lots of Baylor University. "I'm a real man! I have a truck! I'm from the down-home backwoods yew-haw country of...Katy! I ranch...a cul-de-sac!"

- Can't talk much smack anymore. Rice.

Last edited:
01-audi-r8-spyder-live-620op.jpg

Businessman/Inventor/Superhero

Agree on the drug dealer car, but this screams out:

"Hey, I'm a football player who can't drive properly but likes to drive fast, so I will end up in your garden after smashing your hedge".

It is very unfair on the footballers' part, to ruin such a beautiful car.

Agree on the drug dealer car, but this screams out:

"Hey, I'm a football player who can't drive properly but likes to drive fast, so I will end up in your garden after smashing your hedge".

I agree, the hard top version in black is more 'sucessful businessman'. In fact there's one parked in the 'reserved for first class' section of the train station near my house. It's been there all week living up to the Audi cock stereotype too because for some reason he thinks he doesn't need to go into the long stay car park and pay like everyone else.

But big giant truck drivers who never use their trucks for hauling stuff, playing in the mud, or ranchin' do have tiny wieners!

See also: the parking lots of Baylor University. "I'm a real man! I have a truck! I'm from the down-home backwoods yew-haw country of...Katy! I ranch...a cul-de-sac!"

- Can't talk much smack anymore. Rice.

I actually have a bit of a theory about the whole "not using the truck for what it's meant for" stereotype. If you never go offroading, ranching, or to places like lakes/oceans or areas that allow ATV's and dirtbikes to ride on trails, then the chances of you ever seeing a truck being used for what it was meant for are nonexistent. I mean, how are you suppose to know if trucks are being used offroad if you never go offroad yourself?

Just a thought. When I go offroading in my Toyota, I'm usually pretty annoyed by all the trucks and SUV's crowding those places. Or when I want to drive my car up the twisty canyon roads to the lakes, I get stuck behind these damn trucks and SUV's hauling boats. It's annoying how many people DO use their trucks and SUV's for what they're meant for. :p

Agree on the drug dealer car, but this (Audi R8) screams out:

He's referring to Tony Stark in Iron Man 2.

I actually have a bit of a theory about the whole "not using the truck for what it's meant for" stereotype. If you never go offroading, ranching, or to places like lakes/oceans or areas that allow ATV's and dirtbikes to ride on trails, then the chances of you ever seeing a truck being used for what it was meant for are nonexistent. I mean, how are you suppose to know if trucks are being used offroad if you never go offroad yourself?

Just a thought. When I go offroading in my Toyota, I'm usually pretty annoyed by all the trucks and SUV's crowding those places. Or when I want to drive my car up the twisty canyon roads to the lakes, I get stuck behind these damn trucks and SUV's hauling boats. It's annoying how many people DO use their trucks and SUV's for what they're meant for. :p
Often I know because I know the people. And given my hobbies, the people I know are a lot more likely to use their trucks for something truck-like (like towing around a racecar) than the general population. I still know a ridiculous number of trucks (pickup trucks specifically - ignoring SUVs at this point) that are bought as daily drivers, with no offroad, no truck-needing hauling, no reason to have a truck rather than a car except "trucks are cool".

I do agree that it's hard to know what the truck is used for just by watching it drive down the road. A lot of the tow vehicles I know would easily be mistaken for daily drivers (even when they're not daily driven).

There is a very simple way, if it has 30" chrome rims on it. :lol:
I saw a chevy suburban like that yesterday and just gawked at the stupid

There is a very simple way, if it has 30" chrome rims on it. :lol:
I saw a chevy suburban like that yesterday and just gawked at the stupid

On the other hand, it's hard to fit gigantic chrome rims on normal cars. You need to start with something that already has a lot of tire to replace with really heavy steel so you can mess up the handling properly.

Oh, I saw one (maybe a Tahoe) with those giant chrome rims yesterday. He also had smoked out taillights, modified headlights, and lowering. He was tailgating horribly (about a yard behind at 60+mph) and when he could find openings, driving 20+ mph over the limit. I kept catching up to him at red lights and in traffic. If there was ever anyone I'd apply the "small dick" stereotype to, it'd be these kinds of drivers. They clearly have some kind of issue. It'd be one thing to trick out a car to your tastes (even if I think your tastes are ridiculous). It's a different thing entirely to drive dangerously. Those smoked out taillights are a safety risk, too - they make the vehicle extremely difficult to see in rain, at times.

On the other hand, it's hard to fit gigantic chrome rims on normal cars. You need to start with something that already has a lot of tire to replace with really heavy steel so you can mess up the handling properly.
No matter what you put them on here it's stupid as fuck because he had like a cm of rubber and we have potholes more than an inch deep. THAT WILL GO WELL.
Oh, I saw one (maybe a Tahoe) with those giant chrome rims yesterday. He also had smoked out taillights, modified headlights, and lowering. He was tailgating horribly (about a yard behind at 60+mph) and when he could find openings, driving 20+ mph over the limit. I kept catching up to him at red lights and in traffic. If there was ever anyone I'd apply the "small dick" stereotype to, it'd be these kinds of drivers. They clearly have some kind of issue. It'd be one thing to trick out a car to your tastes (even if I think your tastes are ridiculous). It's a different thing entirely to drive dangerously. Those smoked out taillights are a safety risk, too - they make the vehicle extremely difficult to see in rain, at times.

Something I found hilarious about smoked lights is that they turn them pinkish purple. I AM A MANLY MAN LOOK AT MY MANLY PINK HEADLIGHTS.
Hey man my light yellow car with a flower vase says your car looks gay :lmao:

Oh I know about the potholes around here. If a Jaaaag on stock-size tires can fall victim to potholes, those silly people have no chance.

There was a random pavement bump about 5 feet away from the thing too. Every time I hit it I think I ran over the curb and am very confused to why the curb is a foot away from the sidewalk :|

Looks like something a stereotypical Belgium would buy. :p

Yes, millions of em down here, every soccermom/executive/yuppie/treehugger and accountant has one, if not 2 :p

Last edited: