Dang but it won't be as sick as Aang's avatar state where his arrows glow; so freaking baller.

I'm predicting some sort of issue with her connecting with the avatars and therefore she can't enter avatar state (or something). It is noted that she isn't the spiritual type.

Dang but it won't be as sick as Aang's avatar state where his arrows glow; so freaking baller.

I'm predicting some sort of issue with her connecting with the avatars and therefore she can't enter avatar state (or something). It is noted that she isn't the spiritual type.

Nah she well. At the end of the series when all hope of winning a battle is lost :p

Yeah even thought she isn't very spiritual if she gets into a life-threatening enough of a situation it'll trigger. It is true it wont be as cool without the arrows.

I have a theory which I will spoiler so it doesn't taint minds:

I noticed that this first season is entitled "Air", implying that the other seasons will be the other elements like before, however Korra already knows a ton about the other ones unlike Aang. I can't help but wonder what all she'll be doing in the next seasons of the show. This is where my theory comes in. I wonder if Korra's bending will be taken away by Amon and she has to spend the rest of the series getting it all back (a normal person loses it forever, but the avatar could get it back). Then again, she is the avatar and maybe she'd just resist Amon's efforts (but she does seem very afraid of his abilities).

Last edited:
Possibly, I don't think such thing would be for awhile though considering Amon already had the chance to take her bending away but didn't because she would just become a martyr and endanger his plan. I still don't think Amon's plan has moved far enough along yet for this not to be the case. Though I also wonder if anybody that has lost their bending via Amon couldn't get it back some how. I think it's safe to say that he's doing something different to energy bending.

I was pretty pumped that Amon took Tarlock's bending. That guys a dickhead. It's the first time I was like "GO AMON!"

Why is Amon so god dam OP. Dammit writers, his weakness better be good.

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT,

GENERAL IRO WTF ZUKKO DOESN'T AGE!?!?!??!?! SO FUCKIN PUMPED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. <3 zukko

Finally caught up after chugging through The Last Airbender in ~3 weeks. So good!

Why is Amon so god dam OP. Dammit writers, his weakness better be good.

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT,

GENERAL IRO WTF ZUKKO DOESN'T AGE!?!?!??!?! SO FUCKIN PUMPED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. <3 zukko

Definitely is the same voice actor, or at least to me it is, but must be his son/grandson. Somewhat off topic, I think Bolin = Sokka. Anyways, so excited for next episode, though Lin losing bending makes me sad... Go Korra, avatar mode!

Wow, well what an interesting character they dropped in.

That dude is totally Zuko's voice. I sense AVATAR STATE!!!!!

Anyone remember the movie Hook? "RUFIO RUFIO RUFIIIOOOOOO!"

Rufio is the voice of Zuko. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I have a theory which I will spoiler so it doesn't taint minds:

I noticed that this first season is entitled "Air", implying that the other seasons will be the other elements like before, however Korra already knows a ton about the other ones unlike Aang. I can't help but wonder what all she'll be doing in the next seasons of the show. This is where my theory comes in. I wonder if Korra's bending will be taken away by Amon and she has to spend the rest of the series getting it all back (a normal person loses it forever, but the avatar could get it back). Then again, she is the avatar and maybe she'd just resist Amon's efforts (but she does seem very afraid of his abilities).

I noticed this in the teaser for the season finale:

aeBh9.jpg

Holy balls did Tarlock really jihad him and Amon at the end? That's a little twisted for a kid's show don't you think!?!?!?

But then the writers were like "oh shit that's a bit too twisted better make it a super happy ending".

And it WAS a little too happy. The last airbender always had a kind of a cliffhanger at the end but still managed a happy ending. Not quite sure if I liked Korra getting her bending back so easily and then giving everyone else's back. Not to mention they never really explained how bending can be taken away/given back.

(they said Amon uses blood bending to take it away but that's doesn't make much sense without some other crazy stuff going on)

I guess for every season, they're going to be encountering and defeating different enemies? Unlike the last airbender where they had one persistent antagonist? (I like persistent antagonist much more).

Also Mako is fucking baller. Lightning is soooo coooool.

Yeah the next one will be a new villain. I thought Amon just being like "lets run away together brother!" was odd, but I liked that Tarlock took care of things. As far as getting her bending back so soon.... I'm fine with it I suppose, I really really wanted to see her in avatar state.

That ending was a bit too sudden don't you think? :-| Its almost like if the writers had a list of loose ends and were picking them off at a super fast pace!

No airbending? Check
Amon killed? Check
Spiritual connection? Check
Bending restored? Check

I really didn't think that Amon would be dealt with this season.

I guess for every season, they're going to be encountering and defeating different enemies? Unlike the last airbender where they had one persistent antagonist? (I like persistent antagonist much more).

Yeah I think I prefer a bit more persistent enemy as well. Or at least I think they could have dragged Amon to the next season.

Wow, not bad.

Also, GOOD NEW EVERYONE.

Bryan Konietzko said:
I?m sure this meme is dead by now, but it still cracks me up.

The Legend of Korra has been picked up for an additional 26 episodes, which will be split into Books 3 & 4! Mike and I had been hoping to announce this big news to the crowd at the Korra SDCC panel tomorrow morning, but the network put out a press release yesterday. And as we suspected, people are pretty confused, understandably so. Hopefully people are also excited.

I?m sure I?ll be trying to clear this up in posts for a long time to come, but I?ll lay it all out right now:

?Book 1 = 12 episodes

?Book 2 = 14 episodes

?Book 3 = 13 episodes

?Book 4 = 13 episodes

?TOTAL = 52 episodes

Why are the four books split up into those numbers of episodes, you might ask?

Initially, Nickelodeon picked up Korra as a 12-episode miniseries. Their idea was to do 12-episode arcs that were more standalone than the original Avatar series. Mike and I were cool with this idea, as we had originally wanted the seasons to be 12 episodes long instead of 20, and creatively we liked the idea of doing tighter story arcs.

The original plan was that if Nickelodeon wanted more episodes, they would order them 12 episodes at a time. But while we were in production on Book 1, Nickelodeon decided to change their season lengths from 20 episodes (like Avatar had) to the more standardized international length of 26 episodes. They liked how Book 1 was coming out and decided to round out the order to fit their new 26-episode mold, and we got a 14-episode pick-up, which became Book 2.

Then, the network wanted even more Korra, so they picked up another order of 26 episodes. Mike and I wanted to stick with the shorter ?books,? so creatively we are splitting the second order of 26 into Books 3 & 4, 13 episodes each.

What makes this even more confusing is that the network considers each block of 26 episodes a ?season,? which is another reason we try to stick to calling these Korra arcs ?books.? So for the network?s purposes, Books 1 & 2 are Season 1, and Books 3 & 4 are Season 2.

When will Books 2, 3, and 4 come out?

Someday!

What will happen after Book 4?

Mike and I plan to wrap up the Korra storyline at that point with the close of Book 4. Then I plan to crawl into a dark cave and go into hibernation. And hopefully see my wife more often.

I hope that clears it up. SEE YOU IN SAN DIEGO! If you can?t make the panel and Nick booth signing tomorrow, we?ll be signing at the Dark Horse booth on Saturday, I *think* at 2:30 (but I?m not sure). If you are going to SDCC, please be safe! You probably already heard, but tragically a convention attendee died in an accident on Tuesday morning. Take care.

Sauce with meme.

This the girl who voices Asami <3 <3, she was the moon spirit in the shitty M.Night movie, and she is in Falling Skies. (The dude is Bolin)

tumblr_m73xogxQlk1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Season 2 is out. Having watched season 1 again before the new episodes came out, I realized that my fanboyism hyped it up for me.

I really dislike the direction the writers took with Korra's personality. Aang had a certain quirkiness about him; he had incredibly childish traits, but at the same time, was always very wise.

In contrast, Korra is too.....too normal. It's like the writers wanted her to be super relatable (at least to the younger audience) but at the same time, created a character that was incredibly boring.

The coming of age theme is always a great storyteller, and while inherently present, the execution is disappointingly mundane. Korra's rebellious and pugnacious personality are textbook teenager stereotypes; not to mention that she's a disgusting pushover.

I hope the writers develop Korra's character into something with a bit more depth, and not simply an angst-y, indignant teenager.

When i saw the new episode i was confused.

They skip 6 months in the story, amon is defeated and now she can control the avatar state at will ...

Huge wtf there!