Avoiding Red Lights

Re-reading the OP I realize what he's saying now, and yeah that's kinda quasi-legal. I thought we were talking about this:

gahr.GIF

What is a hook turn?!?!?!??!?

is it just me, or does anyone else enjoy being stopped by a red light? i like having the chance to idle, glance around, collect my thoughts and shit.

I'm not one to leave my car at an intersection to go take a shit... I hate being rushed when dropping a deuce.

Damn, you beat me to it! :lol:

is it just me, or does anyone else enjoy being stopped by a red light? i like having the chance to idle, glance around, collect my thoughts and shit.
There are times when I hope I get stopped at a light so I take care of something, like finding my cd player remote in my my messy storage compartment. But as it turns out the more I want a light the less likely I'll get one. It's when I want to get home as quickly and stress-free as possible that I hit every light, most of them just as they turn so I've got to brake rather suddenly. That's not much fun in a 5,000lb earth destroyer.

There are times when I hope I get stopped at a light so I take care of something, like finding my cd player remote in my my messy storage compartment. But as it turns out the more I want a light the less likely I'll get one. It's when I want to get home as quickly and stress-free as possible that I hit every light, most of them just as they turn so I've got to brake rather suddenly. That's not much fun in a 5,000lb earth destroyer.

I couldn't agree with you anymore. I don't like stopping at red lights. Sometimes I'll run them if they had just turn red for less than a quarter of a second.

U-turn are usually prohibited here in the UK on junctions and alot of the time theres island or barriers or simply solid white lines which would stop what your describing. Ive tried this kind of thing once, and ended up being caught by both red lights, so waited double as well as wasting petrol. So, not worth it for me.

I dont like having to stop though, as my car tends to cut out at idle, and it resets the immobilizer, which means pulling the key out, locking and unlocking my car with the fob, and then hoping that it will start again, sometimes it doesnt and i get a hoard of horns...Now, if its amber, and non camera'd, ill go through it usually. For my own safety and everyones conveniance.

I couldn't agree with you anymore. I don't like stopping at red lights. Sometimes I'll run them if they had just turn red for less than a quarter of a second.

And then you get a ticket...

And I also suggest not doing this in Florida. I've noticed a currently small, but growing, trend for drivers to start creeping when the opposing lights turn yellow. And by "creeping" I mean "pull halfway out into the intersection".