Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

i don't get that pic, how can that car jump on that location??
(unless it's on of the backwards cars, and we're looking at the rear :lol:)

Tiff would like to have a word with you :lol: :driving:

full

edit: Here's the clip, fast forward to about 1m 37s.

Last edited:
And Dr Grip :blowup: in 3.......2..........1........

How good is the Z8...

Not as nimble as the M-Coupe or Z3M. It is more of a GT cruiser than anything. Still sexy as all fucking hell though.

It looks better cut in half by flying saw blades.

I know this one is polarizing, but I think its awesome.

van5.jpg

van4.jpg

van8.jpg

van7.jpg

van6.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

van1.jpg

There are several elements to that van that, while cool on their own, should have never been put together on the same vehicle.
As such, it falls into the 'trying too hard' category.

Naw, it's awesome.

Ok, before you go get your torches and pichforks, hear me out. Think about the car control necessary to drift, independent control of throttle, front and rear brakes, and steering combined with an innate sense of the direction of the car's movement, road surface and traction.

Now decrease all of those tolerances 18 times and try to do it all in the third person with an incredibly detailed model.

I thought that was pretty damned Awesome.

It's not as hard as you are thinking. I am not saying that the video isn't impressive some of those switch backs would be very difficult and i am suitably impressed. but if you scaled up the RC drift cars to human size there is maybe 30% cross over between the physics of how they go about drifting and how a drift car goes about drifting. Unless things have changed greatly they are relying on hard plastic low grip tires to initiate the drifts is just a matter of giving it lots of throttle so you break traction. After that you control the drift with minute steering imputs and throttle. It certainly take a LOT of skill and even More practice but it has none of the complexity involved with real car drifting.

Last edited:
it's damned awesome, but that vid is just a compilation. they've cut out all the times they failed...
and my guess is that there has been a lot of cutting

i found this a lot more impressing

it's damned awesome, but that vid is just a compilation. they've cut out all the times they failed...
and my guess is that there has been a lot of cutting

i found this a lot more impressing

now that is unfuckingbelieveable.... Jesus.....

That is quite impressive

I remember a comment from the first time that video was posted about the types of cars chosen. The people who make and drift these RC cars could literally use any model, and yet they choose EVOs and Hyundais? I'd rather see something creative.

I remember a comment from the first time that video was posted about the types of cars chosen. The people who make and drift these RC cars could literally use any model, and yet they choose EVOs and Hyundais? I'd rather see something creative.
Saw like 1 each of Hyundai and Evo, plenty of other cars (S15, Skylines, Corolla, old Skyline/Silvia, BMW, etc, etc)

Last edited:
Saw like 1 each of Hyundai and Evo, plenty of other cars (S15, Skylines, Corolla, old Skyline/Silvia, BMW, etc, etc)

Yeah, but it would be cool if they had stuff you don't normally associate with JDM Drifting. Like a Hummer H1. Or a Renault Avantime. Or maybe a London Black Cab.