Awesome Thread

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5bPu58fSc0]6,453 mph land speed record...[/YOUTUBE]

They so should have put a ramp at the end instead of a wall.

why did they do it at night, when no one can see what's going on?

I'm curious as well. I'm going to guess because it's cooler at night... you will already be dealing with insane amounts of heat going that fast.

You mean when it's colder, the air is denser, so there's more of it in a measured unit of volume and because the pumps in the car operate on volume, not weight, even though there's also more of other stuff, which doesn't react with gasoline, there's also more oxygen, which gives you... what... 0.1% more power? :p

High air density can give you a quite measurable boost in power.
It's the reverse of when you try to drive your car at 4000m altitude.

The damn thing is a rocket, doesn't need any air, it has its own sources of compressed gases which its ignites for trust.....doesn't make a difference what time of day it is

If it is a jet engine that needs external oxygen for trust, it is going so effin fast it doesn't make a difference whether its day or night, and how can it be getting hot manifold air??? lol and intake would get the same temperature of air no matter where the opening is unless its located in the trust flame gases. :lol:

I'm pretty sure thats a rocket.

The damn thing is a rocket, doesn't need any air, it has its own sources of compressed gases which its ignites for trust.....doesn't make a difference what time of day it is

If it is a jet engine that needs external oxygen for trust, it is going so effin fast it doesn't make a difference whether its day or night, and how can it be getting hot manifold air??? lol and intake would get the same temperature of air no matter where the opening is unless its located in the trust flame gases. :lol:

I'm pretty sure thats a rocket.

Its a rocket sled.

Last edited:
Word, it doesn't need any external sources of oxygen or anything so why does outside temperature and air density make a difference? They prob did it at night just cuz...

Maybe air density has something to do with air resistance?

Maybe air density has something to do with air resistance?

Then you would want to run during the day when the air density is lower. Lower density means less resistance.

To be honest the effect would most likely be negligible at best.

-they wanted to do it at night since they are all pale, pasty scientists who might burn in the sunlight.
-the swimsuit models have great bodies, but so-so faces.
-they stayed at the bar too long during happy hour.
-they are actually hiding from reverse vampires.

The most logical reason? It probably took a long time to set up. Last time I checked, there was not a huge "pause" button to stop time on Earth.

Last edited:
^Maybe they are vampires themselves?

^^ purely a cinematic thing? If it didn't work, there would be nothing to see. If it blew up at the start, they can claim it was a fireworks display gone wrong, and if it did work (as it evidently did), shows the flame off brilliantly.

And here I thought a pink dolphin was a device women used to...you know, uh, bang the drum.