The engraved Zippos of soldiers of the Vietnam war:

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-3.jpg

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-4.jpg

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-18.jpg

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-10.jpg

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-7.jpg

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-20.jpg

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-12.jpg

"We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, to kill the unfortunate, die for the ungrateful."

Wow.

25 years later, you can still see a difference between East and West Berlin.
B1OER8M.jpg

25 years later, you can still see a difference between East and West Berlin.
B1OER8M.jpg

Many of the streetlights in east Berlin run on gas (or did when the picture was taken last year), hence the difference in hue to the cold white electric lights.

Have some more! This is our world, no special effects.

Many of the streetlights in east Berlin run on gas (or did when the picture was taken last year), hence the difference in hue to the cold white electric lights.

Actually the opposite, gas-powered street lights are still present in West Berlin.

However, what you're seeing from space is mostly the difference between sodium (East) and mercury (West) vapour lighting. Both electric.

You are correct. I blame the British! Gas powered street lights sounds dangerous.

You are correct. I blame the British! Gas powered street lights sounds dangerous.

Blame the Soviets. Gas-powered lights were the method of choice because you could make gas from coal and stockpile coal... lit streets even if the power goes out.

Supermoto + bobsleigh track + ski jump ==

:motherofgod:

(ok, there is a bit of magical editing, like supermoto wheels and tires magically transforming to motocross knobbys)

Last edited:
That is properly messed up in all the great kinds of ways. And very not surprised to see it's a film by Derek Westerlund. Damn I miss my times in the "extreme" world (used to do quite a bit of freeride/downhill cycling back in the day)

[video]http://i.imgur.com/8AC4cFr.gifv[/video]

I have no idea how to embed it.:|

A bit of background for that clip: Wunsiedel is the town where Rudolf He? (Hitler's deputy who has been sentenced to life in prison rather than being executed after WWII) was buried from 1988 up until 2011 when the grave site's lease expired and his remains were exhumed and cremated. The Neonazis organized yearly funeral marches to commemorate him. The funeral march happened the day before yesterday, but some people obviously had other ideas instead of fighting them openly.