B & H Photo Used Department? And Beginner DSLR help

AutoAero

Car(s)
2001 Audi S4
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience buying from the used section out of B&H? I'm considering upgrading from my compact to a dslr and thought I might venture there instead of ebay as far as looking for a used camera. I originally bought my current camera (Canon powershot SX100 IS)from them new and my dad has purchased from them for years so I have no doubts in them but was curious as to how they used items relate to the quality they indicate on the site.

For those interested I'm looking for my first DSLR to be in the d40 -d40x - rebel xt area as far as specs vs price. Of course opinions welcome.

Current thought has me focusing on this;

Edit: Item Sold, Link Gone

I've read previous discussions on here about d40 vs d40x (and of course DPreview is awesome too :p) I've considered getting a d40 in the past based on what I've heard of them being better in low light than the x.

I've been thrilled with my SX100 IS and would hate to lose the quality of the macro setting which I think is fantastic for the camera and I don't plan to buy a macro lens (and I would more than likely sell my SX). Not to mention its survived just fine after ending up under water during kayaking.

Last edited:
I had the same camera before I bought the T1i. I'm not sure if you would be comfortable with a Nikon - the controls are all ass-backwards to me. I would invest some more money into a newer body and stick with Canon.