Bad cars you have a soft spot for?

I have a soft spot for the new Zafira VXR, the worlds best/fastest people carrier

displayphoto.php

X83R2000.jpg

Bad in the reliability and build quality sense of the word. Beautiful in almost every other.

I'd love to restore an SD1 one day.

tone76 said:
Bad in the reliability and build quality sense of the word. Beautiful in almost every other.

I'd love to restore an SD1 one day.[/quote]

The reason i like them is because they ripped off the Ferrari Daytona. :thumbsup:

*sigh*

*sigh*

The top of my list, my major source of shame etc etc......JE Holden Camira....

camira_JE_SLX_01.jpg

I just love the looks, love how much they un-loved. The disturbing thing is they are quite nice to drive (if you can find one that hasn't fallen apart!) :shock:, the front suspension is almost a mirror copy of a Alfa Romeo Sud :?

The problem with getting one is this:

1) No woman will ever sleep with me again
2) Nobody will dare race me, my record of mechanical un-predictability (if there is room a supercharger can be grafted on to it!) means nobody will be sure whats under the bonnet of the thing. Would you admit getting beaten by a Camira? No? :twisted:
3) Its a Camira
4) Its a Camira (yes its such a big problem I had to mention it twice!!!)

I worked out everything that needed to be done, inc a 16v 2L motor from a Espero (daewoo)....the factory Delco 808 is the same computer I grafted onto my Supercharger Alfa Romeo Boxer engine. Brakes, yes you can fit VL turbo units there......uh somebody stop me!!!!! :oops:

Plus I have this as a day to day car.....I love it to bits and cannot get rid of it.....

vlc.jpg

Shame shame shame shame!!!!!!

(Whats a Alfa Romeo owner doing with THAT!?!??!)

Had it for a while., it was a simple, underpowered gas guzzler (7-8l/100 from 0.9 engine lol) but somehow it grows on you. Nice to drive, lots of room in the front, never let me down, cheap to service.
One of those car that you might say they have a soul. :)

CINQUECENTO.jpg

mightyboy.jpg

Oh my word these were an awful car, and one of the worst cars to have a crash in too. But look at it!! :D You could fill the rear with ice and use it as an esky.

Yep.

tone76 said:
X83R2000.jpg

I'd love to restore an SD1 one day.

I could never get used to the interior of those things, I have a customer who uses on as a tow car for his Alfa Romeo race car. Nice, but......yeah.....

But I agree......just look at it!

01_chevy_lumina_386.jpg

We had one, bought it new for $14,000 in 1996. The glovebox started squeaking after 3 months, the plastic was coming loose in a few places, our dealer installed the cheapest Sony CD deck crooked, the center console was loose and fidgety, and the rear doors were bent out of place after a trip to Mt. Washington until one wouldn't open and the other was drooping viciously. But I loved it. :lol:

Mustang_3.jpg

Not a horrible car, but definitely needed improvement. I dumped so much money into mine just to get it performing at par with what it should have been capable of...

asthenia said:
mg-rover-115.jpg

MG ZR: It looks like a Rover 25, but it ain't. I rented one of those on the Isle of Man last year, best FWD car I've ever driven -- takes bends at 70, 80mph on throttle, no problem...

Where did you rent it from? As soon as I find a decent company/car to rent, I'll hop on the ferry over there...I was going to rent a bike, but its the rain season here, so I'd rather have 4 wheels.

I have a soft spot for my car (obviously, as I own it)

pic24.jpg

2001 Eclipse GS (sorry for the blurry pic - its from my cell phone)

It takes a whole 17.1 seconds for the 1/4 mile, barely does 30mpg, can't handle very well, and my friends hate getting into and out of it.

But I love the thing. I just can't see myself selling it anytime soon.