Bad driver? Don't boast about it online...

avidvideo

Car(s)
2012 VW Passat VR6
Speeder convicted after bragging online
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:51 PM ET
CBC News

A 19-year-old man from a Toronto suburb has pleaded guilty to careless driving after boasting online that he drove 100 kilometres an hour over the speed limit on a residential street.

Vladimir Rigenco was banned from driving for six months and sentenced to 12 months probation after entering his plea Aug. 5, York Regional Police said in a statement released Tuesday.

York police were approached April 9 by an American man, who informed them of a post made on an online car forum in which Rigenco described how he drove his 2006 BMW M5S in excess of 100 km/h over the speed limit on Apple Blossom Drive in Vaughan, just north of Toronto.

According to the police release, several of those who follow the BMW 5 Series forum "lambasted" him and "proved themselves responsible by not encouraging the suspect's behaviour."

Police investigated the case and arrested Rigenco on April 16 and charged him with careless driving.

As part of his sentence, Rigenco also has to complete a remedial driving course and pay a $1,000 fine.

Article Linky

M5 Forums Thread that started it all

I love it when idiots get pwned, especially when it makes the roads safer.

Last edited:
Couldn't you just claim you were lying in a sad attempt at getting attention? Or did he post a video or something?

I don't think I have the level of brain damage required to read that forum. This guy reminds me of the kid who went driving with his mates at an airport and ended up killing himself and the others when his car meet a tree.

M5S?

Is that legal? Does that count as some sort of confession or something? I'm not sure how the police can take something said over the internet seriously.

DivineZ comes to mind.

Is that legal? Does that count as some sort of confession or something? I'm not sure how the police can take something said over the internet seriously.

It's legal, it counts, and he's an idiot. He forgot rule number 3 of "getting away with breaking the law."

Not only that, when they questioned him, he apparently didn't even bother to protest his innocence - he's plead guilty!

Last edited:
IRL pwnage. Haha.

As funny as that is, though, I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of getting busted for a douchey Internet post. Shouldn't they have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he did what he said he did? I can claim that I set the Failtima on fire and then ramped it over the library at school, for pete's sake, but unless I post video or pics of myself in a flaming flying turdmobile to go along with it, the Internet's probably going to call me on my BS.

If the police are using an even lower burden of proof than the average forum nerd, I have a bit of a problem with that.

Besides, if the guy's dumb enough to brag about running through residential streets at a high rate of speed, he's probably dumb enough to try something stupid and actually, y'know...get caught. Legitimately. (Either that or he's made it all up in a lame attempt at being an Internet badass. I'm still not ruling that out.)

Last edited:
IRL pwnage. Haha.

As funny as that is, though, I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of getting busted for a douchey Internet post. Shouldn't they have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he did what he said he did? I can claim that I set the Failtima on fire and then ramped it over the library at school, for pete's sake, but unless I post video or pics of myself in a flaming flying turdmobile to go along with it, the Internet's probably going to call me on my BS.

If the police are using an even lower burden of proof than the average forum nerd, yes, I have a bit of a problem with that.

Besides, if the guy's dumb enough to brag about running through residential streets at a high rate of speed, he's probably dumb enough to try something stupid and actually, y'know...get caught. Legitimately. (Either that or he's made it all up in a lame attempt at being an Internet badass. I'm still not ruling that out.)

Yeah, but the kicker is that the guy was dumb and plead guilty. He's saying "Yes, I wrote that, and yes, I did that."

Yeah, but the kicker is that the guy was dumb and plead guilty. He's saying "Yes, I wrote that, and yes, I did that."

Haha, I know--that's why I think he's either full of BS or bound to get busted for stupidity later on.

'Tis quite an extreme measure to avoid being busted for BS, but I wouldn't put it past some people. Dude probably thinks he has street cred for it.

I still think it's a bogus way to go about getting people in trouble, though, even of the guy's not smart enough to fight the charge. You're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty--not the other way around. Outrageous claims from the Internet aren't the kind of "proof" I'd like the police to base charges on.

Either way:
rooster.jpg

He's not exactly helping the image of BMW drivers here.

Last edited:
I always thought that stuff like this couldn't be used in court? Like what if I just say this right now... Hey Finalgear, you'll never guess what I did today! I took my dads Toyota Rav4 up to 180mph in a residential neighborhood a few hours ago....

Or if my friend told me he took his car up to 130mph down the breakdown lane of a highway during rush hour traffic. He could just be saying that to try to impress me.

That said, I still do think the idiot got whats coming to him, and thats a good thing.

That can't be used as prima facie evidence, no. But it is probable cause for a warrant and an investigation. Then if you are stupid enough to admit what you did, well, they don't need any more evidence, do they?

Just got to page 11 of that thread. They're talking about an accident and a deleted thread? Did the idiot crash his car?

EDIT: Apparently he did. Anyone know what happened?

Last edited:
Behold.

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/567/douchew.png

http://img805.imageshack.**/img805/323/douche2.png

He's a douche too. Brilliant.

18 year old with an E60 M5? Geez.

I can claim that I set the Failtima on fire and then ramped it over the library at school
That would be silly, I am sure you could trade it in for at least 5 puffalumps :D
Just got to page 11 of that thread. They're talking about an accident and a deleted thread? Did the idiot crash his car?

EDIT: Apparently he did. Anyone know what happened?

Well if he crashed it then it would be rather hard to argue that it was a jest :lol:

Though really, many of us mention similar things in passing on this board.. Though I think usually if I do it It includes the words "past a speed trap and didn't get pulled over" :lol:

Behold.

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/567/douchew.png

http://img805.imageshack.**/img805/323/douche2.png

He's a douche too. Brilliant.

18 year old with an E60 M5? Geez.

Without wanting to reproduce stereotypes here, he looks like the average stupid, spoiled kid of russian mobsters millionaires. We got a large-ish community of loaded russian expats here in Berlin and their kids look and behave not too different from him. Gold chains, BMW obsession...

Last edited: