Bad driver? Don't boast about it online...

Is that legal? Does that count as some sort of confession or something? I'm not sure how the police can take something said over the internet seriously.

As funny as that is, though, I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of getting busted for a douchey Internet post. Shouldn't they have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he did what he said he did?

I still think it's a bogus way to go about getting people in trouble, though, even of the guy's not smart enough to fight the charge. You're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty--not the other way around. Outrageous claims from the Internet aren't the kind of "proof" I'd like the police to base charges on.

The bottom line is that the guy plead guilty. If he chose to fight it, I'm sure the police would have a hell of a time proving he wasn't just running his mouth (or in this case, keyboard.) The article said they investigated. I wonder what, if any evidence they came up with.

Probably the media not realizing it isn't BMW M 5-Series, just BMW M5.

I've noticed that the media around here are not great at getting automotive details correct. When I saw 'M5S', I actually had to Google it to make sure BMW didn't release a new edition when I wasn't looking.

Either way:
rooster.jpg

This explains why BMW drivers are so tasty, especially with chips and salad.

Last edited:
When I was 12 22 I signed up for an STi forum and pretended to have because I had one obviously. Then I told them that I sold it and bought a stage III Audi S4. I then proceeded to troll the hell out of impress them with stories about me beating a Supra with nitrous up to 170mph just outside of Boston and getting caught doing a burnout on my GSX-R1000 and later getting pulled over by the same cop for racing a Lingenfelter Vette. Good thing no one reported me :lol:

If I ever have children, their first car will be like my first car. A low hp used compact car that can be abused. Or if I hate my children, a high HP RWD car with no driving aids.

This explains why BMW drivers are so tasty, especially with chips and salad.

So you like to....... eat cock? *elementary-school stifled laughter*

I know. I should've gone over the music building next to it, too. Maybe next week?

That would be the only appropriate action to take.

Thought about that again. Eventhough this guy is an immature, irresponsible asshole whose behaviour (both the excess speeding and the bragging about it) is absolutely immoreal, the guy who ratted him out is even worse.

You don't rat people out to the cops. Period.

(There might be exceptions for mass murderers and rapists)

Thought about that again. Eventhough this guy is an immature, irresponsible asshole whose behaviour (both the excess speeding and the bragging about it) is absolutely immoreal, the guy who ratted him out is even worse.

I'd make exceptions for any crime with a victim, i.e. theft or assault. However, since the guy did a stupid thing but didn't hurt anyone, I agree in this case.

Uhhh... no. If some asshole starts flying up and down my street at over three times the speed limit, you bet your ass I'm calling the cops on him (and he'll be lucky that I'm a broke college student and haven't gotten around to buying a shotgun... yet). If he went 200mph on a highway with no traffic around, more power to him - its only his life that's at stake; going fast on a city sidestreet is a completely different ball game - there are pedestrians, kids, pets, etc. I would honestly take away his license for life.

It's stupid, but everyone on that forum seems to be, so it fits rather well.

I'd make exceptions for any crime with a victim, i.e. theft or assault. However, since the guy did a stupid thing but didn't hurt anyone, I agree in this case.

I take it back, I'm reading through some of the original thread, the guy crashed the M5 a bit afterward and is also admitting to driving while high (weed). Yet he continues to insist he is a good, careful driver.

Uhhh... no. If some asshole starts flying up and down my street at over three times the speed limit, you bet your ass I'm calling the cops on him (and he'll be lucky that I'm a broke college student and haven't gotten around to buying a shotgun... yet). If he went 200mph on a highway with no traffic around, more power to him - its only his life that's at stake; going fast on a city sidestreet is a completely different ball game - there are pedestrians, kids, pets, etc. I would honestly take away his license for life.

Can I take it back again? :bow:

Last edited:
Without wanting to reproduce stereotypes here, he looks like the average stupid, spoiled kid of russian mobsters millionaires. We got a large-ish community of loaded russian expats here in Berlin and their kids look and behave not too different from him. Gold chains, BMW obsession...
As a Russian myself... I agree with you here, when I saw his picture I was like not again... A lot of them think that they are above the law for some inexplicable reason....
I'm conflicted on this tbh. I can't condone speeding on residential streets but at the same time I do hate snitching

Last edited:
[video]http://www.globallethbridge.com/Vaughan+gets+driving+after+online+post+about+speeding/3381185/story.html?releasePID=NqsqqyMrVCbdf365YJsd_RrRgUVMeeOc[/video]

According to the video above the police got eye-witness accounts to corroborate with the forum posts, and that's probably what they presented to the defendant.

Anyways, at least something like this and this didn't happen before he was removed from the streets.

As with regards to the snitching, it's not like it was an accident or something where the defendant wasn't at fault. The defendant knowingly did something extremely illegal, retarded, and dangerous, and then decided to boast about it on an internet forum. I see nothing "immoral" about turning in someone who, on purpose, broke the law, and then decided to brag about it, on an online forum of all places.

We got a large-ish community of loaded russian expats here in Berlin and their kids look and behave not too different from him. Gold chains, BMW obsession...

For some reason, most young people from Eastern Europe were raised with the idea that BMW's were made by god, and there is nothing better than them. In Bulgaria, nobody cares about an old Jaguar, or a classic Mercedes, even an old V8 Vantage will get overlooked. But if you have an E34/E39...even if it is a diesel...you are God, rules do not apply to you.