Battlefield 4

djdorifto

Car(s)
Honda S2000
Who's ready for it?!

Trailer March 27th

Battlefield-41.jpg

[video=youtube;pq9dNG-su8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq9dNG-su8E[/video]

Not me. I'm not prepared to put down BF3. BF4 will be a late buy (if ever), which is sad to say considering I've been playing the series since 1942.

I bought 1942, loved it. I bought BF2, didn't like it, went back to 1942. The only good thing about BF2 was modding (which was pretty unmoddable, so it was not great despite the heroic efforts of some devs), and the only reason why I fire it up sometimes is FH2. I bought BF3, and liked it even less. I think BF4 will have to stay on the shelf for me as well.

Last edited:
Well, trailer now, that puts the release sometime 2014.. so I'll see next year wether I care for it or not. Also depends on how the hardware-needs are. I dislike playing at low fps.

It will be a whole new experience for console users compared to what they have with BF3 on current gen. hardware now. 64 player servers, not so gimped graphics and all the other jazz PC players enjoy and are used to now.

Likewise it will probably just feel like an upgrade for the PC master race.

Well, trailer now, that puts the release sometime 2014.. so I'll see next year wether I care for it or not. Also depends on how the hardware-needs are. I dislike playing at low fps.

Considering EA wants to do a CoD routine with one BF/MoH every year, that would put BF4 on the shelves later this year.

Not going to buy this. BF3 went in the wrong direction and I think BF4 will go even further.

Things that could also kill it for me:
- no dedicated servers
- something even worse than the stupid battlelog they already have
- microtransactions(!)
- to be continued..

Yes, microtransactions would definitely kill it for me. Charging what they did for Premium was bad enough, and I got it on sale.

Charging what they did for Premium was bad enough, and I got it on sale.

Well Premium was more like a DLC-bundle. The tiny advantages in terms of getting stuff like 2 weeks earlier are basically negligible, especially considering PS3 has an even bigger advantage there.

Agree, I saved 10$ because I knew I wanted all the DLC anyway, Premium was "buy early, get free stuff, 10$ off" I really didn't care about the whole show everyone you are premium everyone who whines about premium just couldn't afford to pay or thought it was a money grab, which DLC usually is anyway

Just looking at that picture gives me a strong hunch that BF has oficially gone full CoD.

BF4 is going to have to have something really special to get me to buy it methinks.

(at least, at release time)

Well, Battlefield 4 will be Battlefield 3.5. That's just a fact that BF3 was sort of a Beta ...
BF will now probably go in a 2-year-circle. It can't be BF & MoH because they sacked it.

Probably gonna buy it, but it depends on what they fixed from BF3. Microtransactions? Please no. A better Netcode? Please yes!
But I'd appreciate if the whole gameplay could be slightly slower paced. Sometimes, compared to earlier BF versions, it's just a random clusterf*ck with tons of explosions and no teamplay. Maybe the resurrection of the commander mode can help?

Last edited:
Commander mode would be seriously awesome. I really miss that from BF2.

IDK what else they could really add to it though... judging by the promo poster, rain/weather effects? That would be pretty cool, definitely a system killer though. =/