Battlefield: Bad Company 2

You'll like it a lot! Especially the blowing shit up part :D

After a good long fight, and the entire map is decimated, you truly do feel good.

It seems like a lot of fun but I'm getting SO much lag! I'll try again when my brother is not also playing Killing Floor.

It seems like a lot of fun but I'm getting SO much lag! I'll try again when my brother is not also playing Killing Floor.

That's a known issue with the game right now what graphics settings are you running maybe if you lower them it might help out a bit.

Try finding a server near you myinternetservices.com NY servers should help out since Mass is so close.

Last edited:
so this game is really fun. Counter Sniping is awesome. been getting some looooooong range kills with the M24.

they got the bullet speed and drop just about right this time. plus the shotgun is pure tits up close.

I been playing this game for a few days now. a friend gave me his beta key. Now, I just bought the game a few minutes ago over steam... is there a way for me to give my friend back his beta key? lol

Also, will anything from the beta transfer over to the full game?

A) The key is tied to a single account. You can give him the account's details.
B) no.

awesome!! :)

(about the ww2 thing)

That's a known issue with the game right now what graphics settings are you running maybe if you lower them it might help out a bit.

Try finding a server near you myinternetservices.com NY servers should help out since Mass is so close.

It doesn't seem like graphical lag.... it's more like people jumping around the map. I could try lowering it since I have it on all high though.

You never know, but try to find a New York server. Myinternetservices.com has about a couple of them might help.

There is no high in the beta, the settings are all capped at medium (which is why it's only 1.5 gigs). If you're using play now, don't, it's stupid, it'll connect you to a european server or something with a terrible ping. Use the server browser and join anything under 100 pings, the servers are smoothed out now and assuming you're on a server that you get a good ping to there shouldn't be any server lag. That said, though, for the first 30-60 seconds after you join a game it tends to lag a bit, but that may just be buffering, I'm not sure what it's about. After that initial lag it should smooth out though.

Also, I went into settings.ini and changed my DX from auto to 9 and got a big improvement on performance.

It certainly let me put the settings on high.... or does it display "high" then give you medium anyway? Also I have Windows 7 so would I force DirectX 10, or is 9 still better?

High isn't high, it's medium, the high setting does nothing in the beta because the models and textures and everything are only the medium level assets.

I don't know what kind of system you have but DX9 is obviously going to give the best performance, and I think I saw someone claim that there's no DX11 stuff either along with the rest of the medium capped graphics, but I don't know if that's true. In any case, if the game's not running very well just set it to 9, you won't be missing much and the improved framerate will more than make up for it.

I been playing this game for a few days now. a friend gave me his beta key. Now, I just bought the game a few minutes ago over steam... is there a way for me to give my friend back his beta key? lol

Also, will anything from the beta transfer over to the full game?

actually, you can give him YOUR beta key... :)
since his key is tied to your account (i guess) and you get a new key with your steam pre-order why not just pass that key to him, so he can tie it to his account.
i don't think it'll mess with the final game or anything... hopefully :blink:

even if that doesn't work out, have him go to www.fileplay.net/keys and grab a key off there. they give out a bunch of new keys every full hour, so you kinda have to be on time, but for my friends it always worked out nicely :p

DX9 increased performance here a lot, too, btw...
my laptop isn't really up to the job anyway, but with dx9 i had a really big improvement. so i agree: as soon as it's not going as smoothly as it could, just go dx9.

Last edited:
I just pre-ordered it on steam :p. My name in steam and ingame is Gabkicks if anyone wants to add me