Ownership Verified: BCS repeatedly breaks, fixes, and re-breaks his Jeep

Finally got around to taking a video of the new exhaust. Cat delete, new muffler, dumped it out the side instead of the back so if/when I truss the rear axle it won't interfere.

Apologies for the really dirty vehicle. :lol:

Last edited:
Sounds as dirty as it looks, I like. I've now changed my exhaust rear section, the original was rubbing and vibrating on the axle as you mentioned. I may well move the tailpipe on the Discovery to the side, I've seen many get ripped off.

Sounds as dirty as it looks, I like. I've now changed my exhaust rear section, the original was rubbing and vibrating on the axle as you mentioned. I may well move the tailpipe on the Discovery to the side, I've seen many get ripped off.

Tuck it under if you can, the side-exit can hurt ground clearance if it extends to the rockers. Mine is flush with my upper control arm mounts, but it's still kinda vulnerable so I may make that section removable for the trail.

It does sound pretty gnarly, I asked for "slightly louder than stock" and that's what I got. Oh, well, my inner redneck is happy. :lol:

It works, I dig it.

I'll have to try and get some pics of my Jeep tomorrow. I've been treating her well lately.

That looks properly badass. :thumbup:

Wish I could buy similar bumpers for my truck, but thanks to the bodylift the previous owner installed, I'm probably going to go with some steel tubed bumpers instead.

That's wicked!

Also nice winch! Canadian Tire sale by any chance?

Thanks guys, I'm pretty chuffed with it. I like tube bumpers as well, but I got a deal on on the full-plate one and had to jump on it.

Also yes, $299 Cambodian Tire special on the Superwinch, haha!

That bumper looks awesome, love how well it fits in with the look of the Jeep

Added the leveling spacers to the front suspension yesterday to offset the weight of the bumper/winch, and I was rewarded with snow today! Driving around was a total laugh, pulled two people out of drifts already.

DSC_0256s_zpsd48a5669.jpg

DSC_0269s_zps4aa64ce8.jpg

One of the only things I'm jealous of Alberta; is the cheap fuel, and the snow.

Randomish update.

Got some slight death-wobble after hitting an angled bump at highway speeds, so after giving the front end a good once-over I decided to replace the entire steering assembly (drag link, tie rod, and TREs) since it was probably the original factory stuff. Steers much nicer now. :lol:

Light bar lights all died a horrible rusty death, so they have been replaced with four 3x2 LED pods.

Stock non-relay headlight harness is crap, I put in a much improved relay harness which made the stock lights suck a lot less.

The local PnP listed they had a black '94 on-site, I went down hoping it had a good rear bumper cover as mine is missing a chunk. Sadly, Pnp clearly doesn't know the difference between blue and black, because it was definitely blue. On the upside, the blue one had incredibly low miles but had been caught in our recent flood. I grabbed a door lock actuator and its near-mint instrument cluster. Not sure how I'm going to adjust the odometer from 120,000km to 417,000km to match my chassis, but I'll figure something out.

Going to the boneyard turned out to be a stroke of luck, because I came across two '98 5.9Ls, which are rare as hell and almost never show up in yards. I've already got the bigger motor and rear axle so I didn't need much from them, and somebody had already taken the hood vents and E-fans. However, the radiator hose temp sensor housings and sensors were still there and I grabbed some sections of the E-fan wiring harness to go with them - I've already got an E-fan and relay pack harness, so now all I need to do is fab up an aluminum shroud and I'll have a complete factory-spec automatic two-speed E-fan system ready to drop in. One also had its 150A alternator so I grabbed that as well since you can't even buy those aftermarket anymore - as evidenced by the other 5.9 only having an aftermarket 136A under the hood.

Not a bad day, been a while since I putzed around in the junkyard.

IMG_20131006_140218_zpseff78dd4.jpg

Last edited:

Scrolled through pictures, saw New South Wales number plates on that Toyota, kept scrolling, 'wait, this is in Canada...' Interesting...

Obviously AUDM is the next big thing :p

So I was scrolling back through this thread and saw these plates again, I was curious to see what they were registered to so I looked it up.

If you're interested, they belong to a 1990 Suzuki Sierra 1.3 soft-top. So now I should probably get back to work :p

So I was scrolling back through this thread and saw these plates again, I was curious to see what they were registered to so I looked it up.

If you're interested, they belong to a 1990 Suzuki Sierra 1.3 soft-top. So now I should probably get back to work :p

Haha, no way! Next time I see him I will have to compliment him on his nice Suzuki. :lol:

Had a two-day blizzard here, which meant that after a day of driving around pulling people out of snowbanks, it was time to play in the snow. Got temporarily stuck; the 32" deep snow on the passenger side didn't stop me - the sheet ice underneath did! A few minute of shoveling and I was out.

DSC_1155_zps00343581.jpg

Looks so much fun. My 4x4 fever is raising its head, as this is the first winter on my current house, which has almost 2 km of private road before first public road, so getting out after hard blizzard is impossible with a regular car before someone goes to plow the road... And that can sometimes take a while.

Last edited:
So, some time in the next couple of weeks the following parts will come into my ownership:

Iron Rock Offroad front adjustable Critical Path long arms modified for Currie joints
IRO front crossmember
IRO 5.5" F&R lift springs
IRO 4x rear adjustable short arms
Bilstein shocks
F&R IRO adjustable track bars
extended brake lines and whatnot

IMG_9519_zps954eede3.jpg

(pic shows the non-adjustable version of the arms)

1378602015629_zps9646197b.gif

Maybe I'll find time to install it all (and the new rear diff I've had for ages) after I've finished house hunting. :lol:

Last edited: