Beautiful Disasters

napoleondyna

Car(s)
1966 MBZ 250SE (W108), 1987 BMW 535i (e28)
Post up photos you've taken that aren't good from a technical standpoint, but you still like for some reason.

Here are some of mine, I think they look good but I might be crazy :-?

3291719407_cc4e4f95e7_b.jpg

DSC_0674EDIT.jpg

3500324830_f54eb2c174_b.jpg

3237590703_02617a7511_b.jpg

3238429830_a46af5a7ee_b.jpg

Sorry if there's a thread already like this.

this could be a good thread, im gonna go look at my photos now.. im sure i have some accidental masterpieces somewhere.

while on this topic... i have to say i've gotten a number of photos that i really liked just by holding my camera out and randomly clicking. like this one...

2387606871_acbe23f32c_b.jpg

i personally love photos in the style you posted, especially the porsche and F40 ones.... i think they just look cool, they look alive. when i go on nights out i take my little canon compact and an i purposefully turn slow-sync on in manual mode to give me that blurry-light smearing effect. you get a flash to give u a somewhat sharp picture of the people, and the long shutter to blur the club lights. it makes the picture feel more genuine and ontop of that.... since we were sozzled anyway, this is how you remember it.... i like to call it a beer goggle effect.

3505149355_407e736a7f.jpg

Last edited:
while on this topic... i have to say i've gotten a number of photos that i really liked just by holding my camera out and randomly clicking. like this one...

I usually end up doing that, but I always point above what I was aiming at. Taking pictures of random people is less creepy if they don't know you're doing it ;)

I think I have some somewhere, though I'll look through the archives later. Until then, here's one that makes me laugh.

Can I just say again how much I love that F40 photo? It's just so perfect in its imperfection. +Rep for you, my friend :)

I dont really have any that i can think of. I will have to look through my collection.

I really love that blue porsche shot, and the F40 shot is stunning!

I really like the miura photo!

All my photos are technically perfect.

No seriously, this one I had a flat battery (but didn't know it) so I was trying to take the shot and nothing was happening so I was hammering down on the shutter release when it finally decided to co-operate, that's why it's blurred.

Sorry for the poor quality film scan.

Attachments

• is_00009.jpg
    is_00009.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 118
Took this first picture and focused on the wrong thing.
But it kinda completes the set with the picture I ment to take.

SunsetWilmetteWireBlur.jpg

SunsetWilmetteWireSharp.jpg

i think i got some

film jammed when i was trying to scan and came out like this.
2209061220_ed98debb51.jpg

doing a test shot until my dog walked into the frame. quite liked the results of it so i kept it hah
2096757657_fbe2c95b53.jpg