Bedding brake pads/Brake pad options

Chaos

Car(s)
'94 Acura Integra, '08 Infiniti G37 (Again)
So, it's time for me to finally switch out/replace my brake pads, so while I'm at it I might as well do it correctly. What are some of the procedures necessary to properly break in pads (and rotors, I suppose; they won't be replaced however)?

I've read this:

http://zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

Which helps, but any other bits of advice?

Also, what are some good performance oriented but streetable pads? I've heard of the Hawk HP, HP+, EBC yellow/red/blue stuff, etc, but are there any other good ones? It's a daily driver that receives around 80 miles of highway driving and 10 miles or so of street driving a day. Price... well I won't skimp on the brakes so yeah.

I just put EBC Yellows on my turbo Civic track car. They stop like a motherfucker. Cold or hot. They have started to squeal when using light pedal pressure, but it does not bother me. If I did not get these, I would have gone with the Ferodo DS2500's.

That bedding procedure is similar to some others I have seen before.

Pad-wise I previously ran a set of Carbotech Panther Plus pads on the road and for autocross that I liked. They squealed and created a lot of dust, but they stopped really well.

I just put EBC Yellows on my turbo Civic track car. They stop like a motherfucker. Cold or hot. They have started to squeal when using light pedal pressure, but it does not bother me. If I did not get these, I would have gone with the Ferodo DS2500's.

Wouldn't yellows be too aggressive for the street? I have used green stuff before and they definitively stop better than stock with less dust and no squeals at all, even in the cold. I have akebonos in my car now and they are eh...only slightly better than stock.

Wouldn't yellows be too aggressive for the street? I have used green stuff before and they definitively stop better than stock with less dust and no squeals at all, even in the cold. I have akebonos in my car now and they are eh...only slightly better than stock.

Nah, Yellow's are a street/track pad. They even make Yellows for SUV's and pickup trucks. It's not a single compound for the Yellow's though, most cars will have a slight difference in the breakdown of "ingredients." The Blue's are the full out track pad.