Beer

oliB said:
Btw, I was very surprised that nobody here in the US seems to know Cola+Beer. It is soo popular in Germany/Europe and here they never heard of it.

Very true, it's insane that no one here knows it. I tryed to explain it to a couple of friends and they look at me like i was from a different planet or something. I remember buying Mixery (already mixed Cola-Beer) at the gas station late at nights when we need something to drink.

that's so disgusting, if you wanne ruin your coke and your beer, poor them together, it's so grose :yucky:

what is good though, is beer whit lemon jenever (i have no idea you know jenever, it's a very high alcoholic boose, made of grain, and have it with all fruittastes imageanable)

Viggen said:
Isn't the minimum age for buying alcohol in the UK 16? I know Canada's age minumum is 19, but since so many retards here abused the law, it's 21.

Americans are strict about it too! We were down in Daytona and the police were arresting loads of people who were just trying to buy drinks. We managed to get an old lady to help us out. :thumbsup:

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Americans are strict about it too! We were down in Daytona and the police were arresting loads of people who were just trying to buy drinks. We managed to get an old lady to help us out. :thumbsup:

What do you get for drinking while beeing underage. A night in prison or a fine ? Do your parents have to get you from the police station ?

^ I have no idea. In Canada I bet most cops would look the other way, or you would get a small fine.

Who knows what would happen in the US - you can get serious jail time for smoking pot there. :shock:

Viggen said:
DrinkMaster said:
shit man thats tough. i have been drinking since i was 14 [19 now] been a regular in pubs since around fifteen and a half. I believe my CV [resume] reads that i am a Career Pisshead but i am just a guy who enjoys his beer.

did a thing when i was 16 where i spent 6 months trying a new bottle of beer from a different country or different brand every day. was tough but fucking worth it. i love the stuff.

bud is not nasty; bottles are by no means anywhere near as good as it is on draft.

The Bud I had came out of the can, though it wasn't that ice cold. But one of these days I'm going to try-out a lot drinks.

Isn't the minimum age for buying alcohol in the UK 16? I know Canada's age minumum is 19, but since so many retards here abused the law, it's 21.

its 18 over here.

In Germany it's 16 for Beer etc., for booze (like Vodka) it's 18.
Doesn't matter though, nobody will ever ask for your ID. :mrgreen:
(You can go to bars until 6 o'clock in the morning, no problems whatsoever. If you go to very popular nightclubs you might get asked.)
I'm 20 and I am drinking since I'm 15. I've been asked for my ID...hhmmm...maybe 2-3 times.

The strictness here the US is insane IMHO. It is soo strange for me, at 20 im already an old stager in Germany, but here I'm underage.
In restaurants and supermarkets my fake ID works like a charme, at clubs they insist on a Passport. :?

The land of the free? Definitely not, try Germany/Europe instead. ;)

FliPP said:
Very true, it's insane that no one here knows it. I tryed to explain it to a couple of friends and they look at me like i was from a different planet or something.

Yeah, I experienced the same lack of understanding. :lol:
Although I prefer the undiluted stuff I enjoy coke+beer from time to time, just because it is so "pleasant to the taste".

cya
Oliver

I think we have a new bump champion :p (In truth, great to see a new member bump an existing thread, rather than rush for the 'New Thread' button).

Back on-topic - German & Belgian works for me, particularly Hoergarden (sp?) and Leffe (just discovered that) blond beers - oooooh yeah

Give me a Belgian beer and I'll drink it :D

As for Aussie beers. I like the stout that me and my mates brew (how does 7.5% sound?)... Also Cooper's Sparkling and Pale Ale. Yummy.

fbc said:
I think we have a new bump champion :p (In truth, great to see a new member bump an existing thread, rather than rush for the 'New Thread' button).

Back on-topic - German & Belgian works for me, particularly Hoergarden (sp?) and Leffe (just discovered that) blond beers - oooooh yeah

hoegaarden ;)

Newcastle, Bass or Guiness for me.

There are many great products from America, but beer isnt high on the list.

my fav beer is the Dutch "Hoeghaarden" (sp?)

haz

Grolsch for me :)

Grolsch.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

jayhawk said:
Newcastle, Bass or Guiness for me.

Guiness for me too. There used to be a beer over here called Dog's Bollocks, it actually tasted really good :D

FWIW Generally available in my part of the UK:
Carlsberg Export. Less generally available Samule Smiths Organic Lager (a Yorkshire brewery). Warning to any Aussies coming to the UK and finding their favourite tipple on sale, if you see the words brewed in the UK on the can or pump AVOID - Fosters, XXXX, Swan they have all been messed up!!! You can get the original stuff but you have to check its provenence carefully, also it probably won't be served cold enough.
Germans are similarly disappointed when they try German favourites "Brewed in UK". One exception is the fair fist that regional brewer Hall and Woodhouse have made of Hoffbrau, I would actually recommend this if it is encountered on draft.
Anything brewed by Samuel Smiths from Oatmeal stout (a drink favoured by old ladies) to their Old Brewery Bitter is wonderful. Other mainstream beers that if you visit London at least you will encounter are: BASS, Fullers, Youngs, Greene King (esp Abbot Ale) and perhaps Wadsworths (6X is the signature beer for them). Note the British ales have a very different taste to Lager, and are perhaps an acquired taste. Also be warned there is loads of rubbish Ales on the market that no one likes.

To Americans, my mate was in Baltimore a few years ago and found a micro brewery doing a very acceptable Ale, so there are places where you can get really good British style beer in the US, probaly get some fine Lager too but my experience with both Bud and Coors has not been positive I am afraid. I do not like the Budvar either but I do like the Starrpproven (or something like rthat) and Kozel which I can get. Oh and my current favourite lager especially with a curry is COBRA.. They now offerto a 'loopy juice' (very strong indeed) version in bottles, best avoided on a session.

I prefer czech beer, Staropramen perhaps, or the even better, Zlatopramen.
I only buy those in Sweden, 'cause they cost shitloads here (well, all beer is expensive, but imported is even more...)

Of the domestic brands, I prefer Frydenlund fat?l.