Beer

Thanks, narf.

Screenshot2011-05-07at53622PM.png

:)

pennant.JPG

I've passed this up so many times for years, but for some reason the baseball on the bottle got me and I had to buy a 6-pack. Its so good. Very similar to London Pride. I'm slowly starting to realize that I love English Pale Ales.

I always thought because of the coloring that these beers were English Brown Ales, but now that I know they're Pale Ales, I think I need to be on the hunt for some good Brown Ales :think:

My local has got Wadworths 6X in as a guest beer - w00t. One of my favourite beers. Yum - recommended if you come to the UK. Tends to be available only in the London and the South and South Central England though. :sad:

http://www.wadworth.co.uk/

Edit/
"The Shire Horses were re-introduced in 1974 and the two working horse-drawn dray are a popular sight in Devizes every weekday morning. The stables are open to the public from 1.30pm - 3.30pm Monday to Thursday.

The company also has a cooper - one of only 4 left in Britain and the last remaining Master Brewery Cooper working exclusively on beer barrels. Some of our beer is sent out to trade in wooden casks."

Last edited:
Now go grab yourself some Alt and see whether you're a K?lner or a D?sseldorfer.

Safety disclaimer: Do not ask for Altbier in K?ln.

Now go grab yourself some Alt and see whether you're a K?lner or a D?sseldorfer.

Safety disclaimer: Do not ask for Altbier in K?ln.

I'm Bayrisch, so :tease:

I do need to try me some Altbier. Pretty much every where around here is "Was f?r Biere habt ihr?" "K?lsch, Krombacher Pils." "Ah." :p

Last edited:
Speaking of strong beer, went out for Pizza last night with friends. BYOB restaurant so we had a Stone Double Bastard which was delicious. Strong malty flavor, with a sledgehammer of hops hiding in the sweetness. Also hiding is the alcohol, we each had a bomber with our dinner and were well buzzed at the end of it. Also split a Fort Collins Chocolate Stout for dessert, and man was I dissapointed. It doesn't have the complexity of good chocolate stouts, and had a thin mouthfeel. The chocolate taste was just unsubtle and the alcohol content wasn't well hidden. I could have been fooled better by a Guinness with some chocolate syrup added.

Sipping on one of these as we speak.

chimayb_130714896.gif

They are worth every penny in my opinion, hope you can get your hands on a bottle or ten. :)

My brother picked me up sone Surly and Stone stuff while he was in Minneapolis: Furious and Cynic from Surly, and Arrogant Bastard, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, IPA, Ruination IPA, and Sublimely Self-Righteous. Can't wait til I'm done fighting flooding so I can get wasted for a couple days straight.

8th trappist on the way....

Trappist monks at the Abbey of the Mont des Cats in northern France intend to launch the world's eighth Trappist beer in the course of 2011.

The beer will be the first Trappist beer to be brewed in France.

The new Trappist is being launched at a press conference on 9 June. The general public will have to wait until 16 June to get a taste.

It's unclear whether the new Trappist will be blond or dark. Mont des Cats may produce several varieties as happens in other abbeys.

Several Belgian beer connoisseurs have been aware of the monks' plans. The friars at the Mont des Cats got help from Trappist brewers at Chimay in Belgium. The Belgians developed a new recipe especially for the Mont des Cats Abbey.

Initially the beer will be brewed in Belgium, but production is expected to move to France in the course of the year.

Until now there have only been seven Trappist beers: one in the Netherlands and six in Belgium: Chimay, Westvleteren, Westmalle, Orval, Achel en Rochefort.

A Trappist beer must meet several conditions: It has to be brewed in or in the vicinity of a Trappist Abbey. A lion's share of the profits must be channelled to good causes.

Some experts wonder whether the Mont des Cats will be awarded the Trappist logo so easily, but cheese produced at the abbey already boasts the Trappist logo.