Beer

Roland

Just wonder what kind of beer people here like. My favorite is Carlsberg Export. I don't really understand people (americans without any sense of taste ;) ) who like Budweiser. It really tastes like sh*t!

Re: Beer

Roland said:
Just wonder what kind of beer people here like. My favorite is Carlsberg Export. I don't really understand people (americans without any sense of taste ;) ) who like Budweiser. It really tastes like sh*t!
On the contrary...Budweiser is fantastic. If you buy the Czech stuff.

Now, that crap that they serve in America and call the "King of Beers?" Flavored carbonated water.

Czech Bud is one of my favorite beers. I also absolutely LOVE most Bavarian beers, chief among them Hofbrauhaus' Lager and Franziskaner Hefeweissbier.

I can't stand Beer, or at least the kind my dad buys. (And no, it's not Budweiser and that kinda stuff. It's the "good" bottled kind.)

I prefer to stick to harder stuff. :)

Budweiser doesn't taste like shit, it tastes like water.

I really, really like beer and the best beer in the world is Caffrey's

EDIT:
Dr. Woo said:
On the contrary...Budweiser is fantastic. If you buy the Czech stuff.
Velkopopovicky is fantastic
Dr. Woo said:
Franziskaner Hefeweissbier.
I hate wheat beers. They kinda taste like sausages. Franziskaner however have very good beers too.

Dr. Woo said:
Now, that crap that they serve in America and call the "King of Beers?" Flavored carbonated water.

The correct expression should be malted brew :lol:

True, Czech Bud is quite good. But there is a major diffrence between Czech Bud and Budweiser: IT'S NOT THE SAME THING...

swek said:
Dr. Woo said:

The correct expression should be malted brew :lol:
It should be...but I'd sooner keel over and die than call that tasteless puke a malted brew.

Roland said:
True, Czech Bud is quite good. But there is a major diffrence between Czech Bud and Budweiser: IT'S NOT THE SAME THING...
budweiser_budvar.jpg

I think I'll break one open right now. 8)

EDIT: Ach! It's my last one... :(

I thought The American Budweiser registered the Budweiser trademar in the whole world and the czech Budweiser had to change it's name. Guess I was wrong

Not much of a beer drinker myself but when in the mood I stick to finnish brands (Olvi and koff for those who know...)

and an old joke about bud...:

What does budweiser have in common with making love in a canoe?

They are both fucking close to water

^ As far as i know both breweries split the countries in which their beer is called Budweiser. In Germany it is supposed to be called Anheuser Busch. I've never seen it under that name though. :?

My favorite is Banana Wheat Beer, You take a bottle of Franziskaner Crystal Wheat beer pour it into a Wheat beer glass then add Banana Nektar and top it of. It was the favorite amongst us junger guys were i came from.

I've recently spoke with a Bavarian and he didn't knew Banana Wheat Beer. He thought it was a pervertion invented in northern germany.

swek said:
I've recently spoke with a Bavarian and he didn't knew Banana Wheat Beer. He thought it was a pervertion invented in northern germany.

If you talk to one about beer,it is always the same, they think they are always right when it comes that subject just because Beer is considered FOOD in bavaria and a drink everywhere else in the world, and btw im from the southern part of germany (Rheinland Pfalz).

I don't really care, the Stella Artois is pretty good, I don't like black beers like the Guiness.

The only thing worse than that was the marijuana beer (without THC) ewww it tasted like piss and hot beer mixed together, and the damn thing was cold..

swek said:
:lol: Those northern perverts!

Renesis said:
it tasted like piss and hot beer mixed together, and the damn thing was cold..
:huh: You're complaining about beer being cold?

swek said:

Hell, I'm from Bavaria... I know that mixture and strange as it is, I can think of times (like 3) where I actually had one... Don't ask for it in a traditional german Restaurant (Wirtshaus) for it... You may be in danger :lol:

My favourite is "Augustiner Vollbier". Not the "Edelstoff", though this one might ring a bell with somebody here.

And yes, Beer is not really considered a beverage here, more like a part of a meal... If you go partying at night, its a completly different story... :cheers:

Buba

P.S.: Why did Viper add that BMW poo thing to the smilies??? :shock: