Beer

Oh nice, I want to try that.

Brewmasters was pretty good. It had a lot of stuff I didn't care about (the music parts) but the actual beer parts were excellent. Its great to see how the brewery works, and its cool to see the beer you drink actually get made.

I feel like the coming episodes will be even better, since Sony wont be involved, hopefully they'll focus more on making beer.

Damn you, Adunaphel, for mentioning Salvator. Now I have to pick up a crate of that stuff again.

I drank my last bottle last weekend, so I need to make another foraging trip to Germany soon.

Brewmasters was pretty good. It had a lot of stuff I didn't care about (the music parts) but the actual beer parts were excellent. Its great to see how the brewery works, and its cool to see the beer you drink actually get made.

I feel like the coming episodes will be even better, since Sony wont be involved, hopefully they'll focus more on making beer.

I finally had time last night to watch it, and I agree. The parts that didn't have Sony involved were awesome, but I will admit that their involvement with Sony helped set up some of the more interesting scenes.

Back to basics tonight. Drinking Coors Banquet, and a lot of it.

CoorsBanquet.png

On deck for tomorrow, a tremendous amount of Okocim! I love Thanksgiving.

ok_copy.gif

Last edited:
Had a new beer tonight, Shiner Holiday Cheer which is a dunkelweizen . I liked it, it's a bit of a departure from my usual fare as I don't really care for "fruited" beers and this has defined notes of peach and pecan. Overall I give it a 7.5 out of 10 as it's a strong
holiday effort.

Shiner-Holiday-Cheer.jpg

Had the Boulevard Single-Wide IPA tonight. For the price I can buy Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which I prefer A LOT MORE but the Boulevard is a solid effort.

Picked up a bottle of Boulevard 21st Anniversary Fresh Hop Pale Ale and a bottle of The Sixth Glass. I'm excited to try the Pale Ale.

4351275089_bbc3accfe3.jpg

Had the Howe Sound Winter Ale last night. It was very good, it was a lot smoother than I was expecting and I ended up drinking it faster than I should have... :lol:

I also tried the Rickards Dark (or whatever their new one is called) and I thought that was pretty decent too.

My local Pub (near to work) is getting this in as an XMAS guest Ale:

Bateman's XXXB 4.8% abv

A superb classic bitter with a complex palate of robust hop flavour balanced by malt. Judged Premium Beer of the Year by CAMRA at the Great British Beer Festival on no less than five occasions.

Brewery Website
http://www.bateman.co.uk

Rating:(341 total votes)
59 people rated this beer as 5 stars

IT IS YUM.

http://www.beer-pages.com/stories/batemans.htm

Last edited:
Brewmasters was entertaining again last night. It seems like it should have a good run.

For anyone who cares, another new episode of Brewmasters will be on tonight at 10pm (eastern time). It seems this episode tonight will cover the brewing of Punkin Ale. :)

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. You would have to just to say that you've tried it.

It looked like a good summer beer, and everyone said how "refreshing" it was. Sam seems like he's pretty set on a bigger batch next year so maybe a very, very limited release?