Best Bond?

Best Bond?

• Total voters

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
I can't believe we don't have a thread somewhere asking who is the best James Bond!

So who is your favourite Bond and why? I know it is customary to just pick Sean Connery because he was the original, bit really give it some thought. Whose Bond movies do you enjoy the most? Whose acting is the most impressive? Whose Bond is the most awesome... Connery's thug, the suave Bond of Roger Moore, Craig's brutal killer, Brosnen's mix of Connery and Moore?

What the hell, I'll even include Peter Sellers and David Niven in the poll.

George Lazenby.

:p

Seriously, thread needs a poll and my vote is Timothy Dalton.

Last edited:
How did you reply to that before I'd finished making the poll? :blink:

Does the thread get posted while the poll is still being made?

My top three are Moore, Brosnan and Dalton. I never got the big deal about Connery and I don't really like Craig as Bond, he's just not right somehow. :dunno:

I think I'll have to give my vote to Brosnan though because he was Bond as I was growing up so he was sort of 'my' Bond.

Last edited:
George Lazenby.

:p

People make fun of Lazenby, but it isn't easy to impress as an actor when George Baker is dubbing your lines for half the movie because your character is imitating somebody else. Lazenby's loss at the death of Bond's wife and delivery of the "we have all the time in the world" line was pretty good in my opinion. They wanted him to make another six movies but his agent convinced him that Bond wouldn't work in the 70's.

How did you reply to that before I'd finished making the poll? :blink:

Does the thread get posted while the poll is still being made?

:ninja:

People make fun of Lazenby, but it isn't easy to impress as an actor when George Baker is dubbing your lines for half the movie because your character is imitating somebody else. Lazenby's loss at the death of Bond's wife and delivery of the "we have all the time in the world" line was pretty good in my opinion. They wanted him to make another six movies but his agent convinced him that Bond wouldn't work in the 70's.

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Never knew that story. I liked him as well in all honesty.

Connery because he was just so cool and suave.

Brosnan comes a close 2nd for the same reasons.

Craig is 3rd because his version is closer to the books.

We had a massive argument/discussion about this when I was studying Drama at college a few years back. There was only me an' me lecturer that agreed on Dalton as the best Bond as he did actually portray Bond as well, as he was portrayed int books WHICH by the way we were shocked to find out no bugger else except us had read. :| Which is proper criminal. Dalton was very closely followed by Lazenby.

By default I'd say Connery, he was great, but I find it unfair to have him on the poll.

Really, though, my favorite bond movies are Craig's. I find the more gritty and down to earth nature more entertaining. I also find those movies a good mix between the older, less action packed movies and Brosnan's "fuck story, need more explosions" movies.

Brosnan for me. Mostly because the first Bond film I saw was Tomorrow Never Dies. In later interviews, Brosnan admitted that he regrets not getting the Bond character right.

Daltons a prick.
Roger Moore is bond.

"That is a rare photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore, it is worth one hundred and fifty dollars."

It definitely is Moore for me. He had to deal with some weak scripts ("Moonraker", for example, does not work if you have not watched some other Bond movies before, as it literally makes no sense as long as you don't take established Bond facts like "he is a marvellous womanizer" for granted) but brought a laid-back humor to the role that I very much appreciated.

But then, I also liked his more or less identical character in "The Persuaders".

Craig is a new kind of awesome regarding Bond, but I still prefer Dalton's portrayal. It helps that his two movies were on the upper end of the scale, as well. Brosnan is third, then Connery, Moore and Lazenby is last. But I admit that his film is the only one I only watched once (apart from QoS, but that's still new enough not to have catched a repeat somewhere).

I think Brosnan was let down by some pretty weak scripts. Goldeneye was great but the rest were pretty average (TWINE was passable). I think they're all pretty good in their own way. If I'm in the mood for serious business then Craig's movies are fine, but if I want an over the top comedy with weak dialogue, poor special effects and general '60s shoddiness then Connery or Moore will do :p.

I think Brosnan's first two films were great, but the second not so much. Tomorrow Never Dies is one of my favourites. The pre-title action sequence of Bond at the arms black market was one of the best I think. I couldn't wait for The World Is Not Enough to end, it was terrible.

I think that Sean Connery is the best bond in terms of is acting and how well he pulls of the character. I also just happen to love Sean Connery in everything. However, in my mind Pierce Brosnan IS James Bond. Brosnan looks exactly how I would picture Bond in my mind. I almost feel that James Bond is indeed real and his fake alias in real life is Pierce Brosnan just to hide his identity.