Best livery in the history of motorsport - Get your votes in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Jaguar F1
Jaguar_R_2.jpg

4. Triple 8 Race Engineering 2008
1681_3698.jpg

3. Holden Racing Team 2002
465246865_7f8951cd15.jpg

2. Winfeild Nissan GTR 1992
winfield.jpg

1. Toyota WRC
revag7360.jpg

My other two votes.

4. Oreca Viper
dodge-viper-gtsr-22.jpg

Goodwood_FestivalOfSpeed_12.jpg

dodge-viper-gtsr-31.jpg

5. D2 Mercedes
clk-gtr.jpg

clk_gtr.jpg

DTM%20Mercedes%20Benz.jpg

C-Class%20DTM.jpg

An honouable mention goes to the 2002 'Green eyed Monster'
1481420.jpg

Which I loved but can't find any pictures anywhere!

Last edited:
I was wondering why you gave us 28 days, but counting the days on the calendar it makes sense now. :lol:

I've got 4 picked out, just got to think of a fifth and work out what order I want to put them in.

I hate these threads, cause after the first few pages it just turns into a listing thread, some of these are starting to get bad, not just boring. Hardly best.

Here are my 5 nominations:

1: Lotus JPS. This one is just so elegant and timeless. Brilliant!
callot.jpg

2: Martini racing colours. They just look awesome, especially on the Delta HF Integrale!
lancia-martini-racing.jpg

3: Gulf racing. No comment needed :p
LMK34Fr150_.jpg

4: One from modern F1. The Renault Mild Seven. It brought some colour to the grid, and it was a shame to see it go. 2007 and 2008 saw a boring-looking renault on the F1 grid, and now we have an awful one... :?
alonso_car.jpg

5: I'm not really sure why this one appeals to me, but it does. ARTA NSX from the JGTC. I just love it.
http://img187.imageshack.**/img187/4571/x5v750980c3f.jpg

I haven't been getting any vote PMs recently, so I will be ending the voting period a week early, which means that you only have 3 MORE DAYS to get your votes in via PM if you haven't already PMed me with all your top 5.

Isnt Ciggerette advertising is banned from motorsport, if so isnt the rights open for their liveries, it would be imense to see jps and malbaro liveries in le mans.

Nobody stops you from painting your car in red and white or black and gold in a similar way as Marlboro or JPS sponsored cars were painted in but they still own the rights for their trademarks and logos.

Kinda on the topic, I wonder whether it would be legal to run a car with, say, Marlboro livery, complete with Marlboro logos if Philip Morris allowed you to use the logos but crucially did not pay you for it...

I just noticed something. In all of this thread's history, no-one has mentioned the one livery that truly deserves to win:

2101913945_fb0f7dc146.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.