Best of eBay and Craigslist

Love the Tucker...and the ferrari's...and the mercs...and the astons...and...

FTFY :p

i'm surprised by how "cheap" the dino is, i expected them to go for a lot more money
the lightblue '71 280 SL at 50-70 000$ isn't realy worth it at first sight if you ask me

That is a rare conversion

Their first product was an airport limousine - the AQC Jetway 707. It was 28' long with a wheelbase of 185", had 8-doors, seated twelve to fifteen, and featured twin rear axles - the first stretch limousine known to use them. The Jetway 707 featured an unusual vista-cruiser-style raised roof, with integral sky-lights and a completely enclosed cargo area with a hinged rear door.

A complete line of AQC hearses, ambulances, combination cars and limousines were planned, but unfortunately all of their working capital was tied up in the tooling for their first run of airport limos, and when they failed to sell, the firm was forced to abandon the other coaches. A current owner believes that only 52 Jetways were built between 1968-1970, although professional car historian Bernie DeWinter believes that the number is closer to 150.

I bet there are less than 10 surviving.

a VW T1 van called, it wants it's roof back!

The rear wheels almost touch each other.

63Corvette001.jpg

63Corvette057.jpg

63Corvette031.jpg

63Corvette063.jpg

63Corvette045.jpg

63Corvette079.jpg

63Corvette023.jpg

63Corvette071.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

Linky

Uhhh.... after seeing those rear tires and axle I was expecting a twin turbo 572 under the hood, or something. Instead it has an LS6? Those only made 405hp from the factory and I'm not seeing any forced induction. And yet they estimate the power to be at 700? Are there massive nitrous tanks stashed away somewhere? I know there are different cam options, but...

Seems like a ruined 1963 to me. The only year with the split rear window, a real collectors item. Shame.

^ I agree.

That's pretty atrocious (sp?)

Uhhh.... after seeing those rear tires and axle I was expecting a twin turbo 572 under the hood, or something. Instead it has an LS6? Those only made 405hp from the factory and I'm not seeing any forced induction. And yet they estimate the power to be at 700? Are there massive nitrous tanks stashed away somewhere? I know there are different cam options, but...

Seems like a ruined 1963 to me. The only year with the split rear window, a real collectors item. Shame.

I think that is a kit car body.

X2...

but bolt on some normal wheels, and it's cool again. not like he ruined the vette. he made it pretty and attached some stupid wheels...

I think that is a kit car body.
I sure hope so, but it was always fiberglass to begin with and they keep calling it a 1963 Corvette. They even mentioned that they replaced the "stock" control arms.

X2...

but bolt on some normal wheels, and it's cool again. not like he ruined the vette. he made it pretty and attached some stupid wheels...
I think the whole rear half of the car, at least, was more extensively modified than that. I mean, the whole rear suspension is different. 1963 was the first year that GM started using IRS, but this car uses a custom solid Ford 9" rear end. And no doubt much of the car was cut up just to get those rear tires to fit. It even says the rear suspension is connected to a custom frame. It would take a lot of work to return it to stock.

I sure hope so, but it was always fiberglass to begin with and they keep calling it a 1963 Corvette. They even mentioned that they replaced the "stock" control arms.

I think the whole rear half of the car, at least, was more extensively modified than that. I mean, the whole rear suspension is different. 1963 was the first year that GM started using IRS, but this car uses a custom solid Ford 9" rear end. And no doubt much of the car was cut up just to get those rear tires to fit. It even says the rear suspension is connected to a custom frame. It would take a lot of work to return it to stock.

And a lot less work to bolt on some forced induction. 700 is a lot of horsepower anyway, I don't see why people are up in arms about this. It's a street legal drag car that looks about as stock as it can.

It's quite easy to extract a lot of HP/kW from the LS series of motors without making it look, from the outside, any different.

And a lot less work to bolt on some forced induction. 700 is a lot of horsepower anyway, I don't see why people are up in arms about this. It's a street legal drag car that looks about as stock as it can.

I'm not up in arms over it, I just think it's a bit of a waste. It probably handles like shit and is difficult to drive. And I'm not sure I believe the 700hp figure. It doesn't really explain what engine mods were done, but 700hp out of 5.7L with no signs of forced induction? And it's still street legal and runs off pump gas? Seems far fetched, like the sort of exaggeration a car owner would make to a potential buyer.

Dear Santa: Unf. Normally I don't like black wheels, but dear god they look stunning on this.

Last edited: