Best of the Races

Best of the Races

• Total voters

The Doctor

Although it pains me to say it, the rather lack-lustre Veyron race got me thinking about which of the 4 TG races was the best.

My vote goes to the race to Verbier, partially because I've done both routes myself and partially because it had the best music of all the races (something that was completely lacking from the Veyron race) :)

612 vs. Airliner was definatly the best.

It was the only one that had an unfabricated yet really close ending, the car was great, the presentation was great and you really had the feeling of being in a race. None of that random 30minute drive-by stuff. And it was funny.

The SLR Vs. Boat race had the best moments, but as an epic race it felt contrived and fell way flat at the end. 612 Vs. plane had a grander feel to it, even if it didn't have as many LOL moments. In the end, epic feel > laughs per minute, so I went 612 Vs. pane.

i think the first one was great but notthe best. it had a great idea but fell short of amazing. the slr was disappointing and from there it was downhill.

the 612 vs. the plane is the best one so far because of the great way it was done :thumbsup:

I've voted for the race to Verbier too. I think it's the luggage throwing moment that wins it for me!

SLR here also. Everything just went suspiciously wrong for the two, and it was brilliant!

the powerboats on the rough sea, the sound of the SLR, hammond and may getting intimate on the ferry, jezza eating spunk, the car vs. boat was a total blast!
the race between the plane and car or train and car may have been closer, but a train or plane is rather boring compared to those boats.
the veyron one was a little disappointing. first of all the expectations after the last race was extremely high, the bugatti is epic, but then it didn't really deliver. they should have flown the whole way...

I'm struggling with this one

DB9 - the original, set the precedent, was nervebiting - ish plus was just ultra cool plus it had an imaginable distance (you can imagine the distance bewteen london and the south of france)

612 - good, epic, had all the right stuff, wasn't hyped (in my book) but not as good to rewatch. great ending though.

SLR - I waslooking forward to this - 1 because it was in the magazine and was hyped and two because they went to newcastle which is them recognising the north east exists. (apart from the nissan factory) but then it all went to hell. the ending ruined it for me. no point when they all don't reach the end.

veyron.....

I was anticipating this soo much, it had it all, the plane (muchos cool ofr me cos I get flying lessons), the car and back to london. but then it started going wrong, may being too goddamned pedantic with the checks, and all that.

But they clawed it backwhen the a/c came from behind and it was neck and neck for the last ten minutes. I seriously thought hammond and may had won for a second. and I was disappointed that they hadn't I wanted to see clarkson be distraught just for once but alas no.

I fucking loved it though.

I'm gonna go for the DB9 one I think, because it's the roginal and the others were copies and because now it's turned into a case of outbettering each previous one to win viewers.

(oh yeah and clarkson is at his best when he's passionate and that really shines through in the DB9 and the veyron races)

It's funny, the 612 race is the one I can rewatch without getting bored.

As I said, I think the music plays a bit part in the "feel" of the races and whilst the DB9 and 612 races had parts where the music and action combined perfectly, I can't really think of similar moments in the other two races (especially the Veyron one...)

My votes goes for the 612 race. So perfect, the music, the cinematography, the comments made by all 3. DB9 2nd, SLR 3rd, Veyron a very very very disappointing 4th :thumbsdown:

I loved both the 612 and the DB9 races, but the DB9 one just squeaked ahead for me.

I've already posted my feelings on the Veyron race in the episode discussion, I'm not doing it again. :lol:

If I was to vote on the sound of a car, the SLR race hands down.

Overall was the DB9 race.

interesting this. I chose the 612, although the SLR one was equally awsome. The SLR film caused my almost to roll over and die from laughter - "Hello Dutchie!"

The 612 race, narrowly from the DB9, then quite a bit behind the SLR and Veyron.

I voted for the SLR.

Its the best sounding car they'v had in the challanges so watching it go powering past the camera car over and over and over wasn't such a bad thing.

Also it was the most hilarious what with Jeremy having to stop and listen to all the Health & Safety stuff being read out on the car-train thingy. Also when he was entering Oslo, he talked about how they liked drugs there and so on. It was hilarious!