Best Police Car

I know this isnt technically a car and that it's not technically a police unit either, but its by far the scariest one out there :p And I wouldn't be speeding around it either :D

AirPatrol.jpg

the german police cls and the 911 were made for their "tune it safe" campaign, and are mainly showcars that are displayed at big tuned-car meetings... the 911 also participated in the hockenheim drift challenge, with Tim Schrick at the wheel...

"tune it safe" was created mainly because some kids around here have been watching too much fast & the furious movies, turing their rides into showcars that are highly unsafe at speeds beyond 120 km/h...

the PR department of the munich police has this one:
showimage.php

(goddammit, can someone PM me and explain how I can actually make the pic show up in the post rather than just the url???)

it?s a MINI one, but with the JCW exhaust, 18" wheels, carbon fibre interior, and basically anything else that money can buy...

this is actually quite frequently used for driving cops around, usually around at big events like the Oktoberfest, and it?s been to a few mini meetings as well... but it isn?t used as a regular police car... the cop that usually drives this thing told me that the main criteria for a regular cop car is that you need to be able to put people in the back that really don?t want to be there :mrgreen:

It's the fastest 4 door saloon in the world by the way

Fastest production four door sedan.

Fastest production four door sedan.

Nope... the Brabus CLS Rocket is considered by many sources, including the German TUV people, to be the fastest 4-door sedan ever made. What the TUV was doing certifying this car I'm not sure...

edit re jetsetter: I'd have to go by the qualifying conditions of street-legal and independently observed, though this wasn't stated earlier. It just makes things a heck of a lot easier, by eliminating many pretenders to the crown.

Last edited:
Nope... the Brabus CLS Rocket is considered by many sources, including the German TUV people, to be the fastest 4-door sedan ever made. What the TUV was doing certifying this car I'm not sure...

Yes. I've seen 1000hp blown four door Chevelles and such. It is not the fastest four door ever made but it is the fastest production four door. Much like the Veyron is the fastest production supercar but there are faster custom cars.

The Crown Vic looks mean as hell. Even the civilian models looks government.

I think we've become conditioned to believe that, largely because no civilians buy that car anymore aside from blue-haired AARP members on their way to the Senior Special Dinner Buffet at Country Kitchen at 4:00.

I always assume a Clown Vic is a cop/fed unless I see blue hair peering over the steering wheel with the blinker on for 10 miles. Usually I'm right. Also tell-tale signs are there like CB antennae and lights hidden behind the grille.

I think we've become conditioned to believe that, largely because no civilians buy that car anymore aside from blue-haired AARP members on their way to the Senior Special Dinner Buffet at Country Kitchen at 4:00.

I always assume a Clown Vic is a cop/fed unless I see blue hair peering over the steering wheel with the blinker on for 10 miles. Usually I'm right. Also tell-tale signs are there like CB antennae and lights hidden behind the grille.

It's also bought by those who want to be different. Like me. :)

Then again I'm a once in a blue moon kinda person, but you'd still be able to tell I'm not a cop when I'm driving.

Oooh, I like those Cobra wheels on it. Know of someone also who dropped a Cobra engine and 6 speed m/t into a Crown Vic.

Here we go:

http://img53.imageshack.**/img53/9848/dsc03216eh6.jpg

Civ Crown Vic vs. Police, I mostly go for paint, then hubcaps (or lack thereof), then that area between the tail-lamps which should be black for police models. I leave out the lights and bullbar because, well, if they're there you're sorta supposed to see them.

Oooh, I like those Cobra wheels on it. Know of someone also who dropped a Cobra engine and 6 speed m/t into a Crown Vic.

There are the Bondourant Crown Vics that have a DOCH Cobra motor and a 5sp manual, they're currently for sale in Arizona (10k, only 10-13k miles) However they don't come with titles (bill of sale) so registering one would be rather difficult.

I seriously can't believe this thread is still going strong. I had to instant message Viper to plea me case to let it stay.

Please forgive me, its not a car shot but in relation to a police car - thought someone might find it humorous :lol:

Was apparently taken at a "show" in Dubbo (central NSW, 5 hours inland from Sydney) but not sure.

dubbosho.jpg

Please forgive me, its not a car shot but in relation to a police car - thought someone might find it humorous :lol:

Was apparently taken at a "show" in Dubbo (central NSW, 5 hours inland from Sydney) but not sure.

dubbosho.jpg

BRILLIANT haha :lol:

The police officers that they send to the schools are usually pretty cool guys as well

The police officers that they send to the schools are usually pretty cool guys as well

Yeah, we had a cop come to my school and he told us that they did a big drug bust once and then when they went to burn the crops, he said he has never seen as many cops appear around that fire :coplight:

http://img165.imageshack.**/img165/3060/brabuspolice04ds8vv9.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.**/img165/8553/porche911gu9af2.jpg

skyline_gt-r01police.jpg