Better Drive or Better Looks?

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
You're looking at getting a new (brand new or new to you, whatever...) car.

It's down to two choices, Option A that you know drives maybe 30 percent better than Option B, but you prefer the styling/usability of Option B slightly more than A.

Realistically, you could live with either option, but which would you choose?

JCE

Car(s)
2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
Option A. Because I did exactly that. I bought a newer R/T that had the 8spd auto because it was light years better than the older 5spd. In the past I chose option B though.

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
Hang on, Rick. The title suggests personality versus looks, but then in the text you throw "usability" in as part of the looks argument.

Ignoring usability/practicality, between two similarly priced, similarly practical (or lack thereof) vehicles), I'd take option A every single damn time. I like a pretty car as much as anyone (I really have to stop licking the SRT), but I spend 95% of my time in the car driving, whilst others look at the car's exterior, and I don't spend my hard-earned "dolla dollar bills, y'all!" for the enjoyment of others at the expense of my own.

Having said that, she can't be all personality with no looks, either. :lol:

Last edited:

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
S203 M271 and a ton of crap
Looks. Too many car these days is desperately overwrought no matter how well it drives.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I would choose driving experience over looks every time. As long as the interior isn't dreadful (after all that's the part I end up looking at the most) then I am happy.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Hang on, Rick. The title suggests personality versus looks, but then in the text you throw "usability" in as part of the looks argument.

Ignoring usability/practicality, between two similarly priced, similarly practical (or lack thereof) vehicles), I'd take option A every single damn time. I like a pretty car as much as anyone (I really have to stop licking the SRT), but I spend 95% of my time in the car driving, whilst others look at the car's exterior, and I don't spend my hard-earned "dolla dollar bills, y'all!" for the enjoyment of others at the expense of my own.

Having said that, she can't be all personality with no looks, either. :lol:
Holy necro post batman. :p

I did kind of conflate things, true.