Bi-Weekly Photo Assignment #3 - "People in Color"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just paid some attention to the rules :lol:

You might wanna change this statement because it is not correct
Only one submission per user. Please do not create multiple accounts to submit more images, as it is 1) unethical, and 2) statistically reduces your chance of winning anyway.

Assuming people vote for photos randomly or that all photos are at the same level (which induces random choice in people), one person submitting multiple images will increase his possibilities of winning. 5 people sending in 5 photos makes each person's chance 20% under the earlier assumption. One person out of those sending in 3 more photos will make his chance 4/8 which is 50%

Of course from a game theory point of view, everyone can resort to sending multiple photos, and then if all people send in the same x number of photos the probabilities remain the same.

This is not the point though, I just wanted to point out the incorrectness of that statement :p

That would be true if the number of votes was directly proportional to the number of entries. However, we're dealing with a rather limited amount of votes here.

If that person sent in 4 photos, you get what's called a "vote split." Instead of X people voting for his one image, you get X people voting for 4 images, which means the theoretical number of votes received for each image would be X/4, assuming all images were of equal quality.

Note: I've given up hope on getting any more last-minute entries, voting thread will be up when I get home from work in 9 hours or so.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Note: I've given up hope on getting any more last-minute entries, voting thread will be up when I get home from work in 9 hours or so.

Have there been so few entries?!

Edit: Sorted out my poor english... Not good, considering it was only one sentence!!! Still, my excuse is that it's late (11:45pm), been up since 6:30 am, had 2 job interviews and driven over 200 miles today... what's yours? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.