Blew up my engine...got a GTI VR6

Raider

quick story...
Thursday my engine started to over heat as i was pulling into my apartment...
Friday at lunch dropped my car off at the shop so they could see what's up...head gasket cracked...pick up the car, drive home, get 3 miles from my apartment and *BOOM* and smoke...so i pulled over and got towed home...car is dead...95 altima 236,000 miles on her, it was time to go...

Sunday went out and got a 96 GTI VR6...i wanted to get something newer but now wasn't the right time (paying for a house in florida on top of my apartment here in cali, just got back from 10 days in japan, with alot of student loans...not a whole lost of cash sitting around). I'll probably keep it for a year or so...this car is fun and peppy...way better than the family sedan...

here is a pic from the dealer...car is super clean inside and out, it's like new almost, who ever owned it really took care of it...95k miles on her. paid $6300

wooflepoof

Watermelon Connoisseur
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
Nice car, looks a bit like a mini truck. Have fun with that. You could definitely have some fun

Raider

Vette Boss said:
Nice car. Have fun with that VR6, it's said to be one of VW's best ever. Not that it matters, since you don't plan to drive quickly. ;)
i didn't really like the 4th gen golfs to be honest with you, and my roommate had the 3rd gen gti...so i figured i know the car and i liked it, so why not...and who said i don't drive quickly ;)

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Have fun. My buddy has a 2002 Jetta GLI with the VR6 engine. The VR6 in that Jetta has 200 HP. And I believe that ;).

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Nice car! Have fun with it! :thumbsup:

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
Re: Blew up my engine...got a GTI VR6

Raider said:
quick story...
Thursday my engine started to over heat as i was pulling into my apartment...
Friday at lunch dropped my car off at the shop so they could see what's up...head gasket cracked...pick up the car, drive home, get 3 miles from my apartment and *BOOM* and smoke...so i pulled over and got towed home...car is dead...95 altima 236,000 miles on her, it was time to go...
any warranty? you just got a new head gasket and your engine blows. sounds like something wrong was done to the engine

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
YOU STOLE MY CAR!!!

Have fun with that man, it looks like a carbon copy of mine, only mine was made in 97. If you got an questions feel free to ask, I know the motor/chasis like the back of my girlfriends ass.

/Oh yeah.... I said it. 8)

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
^ :lol: Gold.

Have fun with the VR6, Mk. 3 Golf's were kick arse... I know, I have a CL*

*OK, so not as cool as a VR6 but hey, same era!

Raider

Re: Blew up my engine...got a GTI VR6

bone said:
any warranty? you just got a new head gasket and your engine blows. sounds like something wrong was done to the engine
oh no, i didn't get a new head gasket, i know how much it costs to change it, so i just wanted to get it tested to make sure that was it...the cost to fix my car is more than the value of the car, so screw that...

IVIaster said:
Whats that thing on the drivers window?
keyholder at the dealership...that's where they keep the keys...