Blue Devil (ZR1) vs Blue Angel (F-18 Hornet)

^ has a bumper stickers that says "search me"

^I somewhat agree, I mean in a straight I would give the ZR1 advantage most likely but on a track I suspect GT-R would be more consistent in its times.

Also GT-R being $30K less (MSRP no mark up included obv) means you could just get one and get another car just cuz.

Terrible video, shouldn't have taken longer than 5 minutes, the motor trend guy was just annoying for whatever reason I wanted him to get sucked into the engine of that Hornet. They need to learn from Top Gear, you could definetly see the plane winning from an in car shot, not something that should have happened.....

I read the article also, MT squandered a good opportunity and made it sound like a press release. The writer (who's a senior editor!) even went for a ride in one of the F-18s and made it sound like he was going to use the bathroom.

^I somewhat agree, I mean in a straight I would give the ZR1 advantage most likely but on a track I suspect GT-R would be more consistent in its times.

Also GT-R being $30K less (MSRP no mark up included obv) means you could just get one and get another car just cuz.

Terrible video, shouldn't have taken longer than 5 minutes, the motor trend guy was just annoying for whatever reason I wanted him to get sucked into the engine of that Hornet. They need to learn from Top Gear, you could definetly see the plane winning from an in car shot, not something that should have happened.....

um, the ZR1 has been proven faster then the GTR on the corners too ;)

The ZR1 does things that cars 3X it's price do. Thats pretty impressive.

and yes the host was could go die tomorrow, no one would care :mrgreen:

^I mentioned consistency for very specific reason. Michael Schumacher might very well be faster all the time in a ZR-1 but you take someone with a skill level of Clarkson and he will be much more consistent and faster in a GT-R.

ZR-1 is an EXTREMELY impressive vehicle and I would buy it in a heart beat if I could afford it but I also understand that something with this much power and 2WD will be quite hard to handle and have the driver as its main limitation.

^I mentioned consistency for very specific reason. Michael Schumacher might very well be faster all the time in a ZR-1 but you take someone with a skill level of Clarkson and he will be much more consistent and faster in a GT-R.

ZR-1 is an EXTREMELY impressive vehicle and I would buy it in a heart beat if I could afford it but I also understand that something with this much power and 2WD will be quite hard to handle and have the driver as its main limitation.

So? Why do you encourage the coddling of unskilled drivers? What happened to letting the driver actually.. you know... drive the car?

I want as little electrical interference with my inputs as possible. I want to drive my car, not get chauffeured. Im sorry I just dont like the fact that the GT-R is a rolling computer. God help the owners whena ny of those systems break and get glitchy.

http://img297.imageshack.**/img297/6614/threadderailed.jpg

Last edited: